[REMOVE ADS]

Curtis Womack has passed

I have no details, but Meech Wells [[Cecil Womack, Jr.) has posted that his uncle Curtis Womack, Sr. has passed. That leaves of the five Womack brothers, Friendly, Jr., known as "June", who is the eldest. Curtis was a great singer, as were all the Womacks, and had a
    solo single on the Playboy label in the 70s, produced by
    Bobby, called "Boogie Oogie Jones". He's probably best
    known for his stage work with Mary Wells throughout the
    80s. Together, the five brothers--June, Curtis, Harry, Bobby, & Cecil, recorded as the Valentinos on Sam Cooke's SAR label, with two best known recordings,
    "Looking For A Love" and "It's All Over Now", the latter covered by the Rolling Stones.

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to all. I was just reading up on him last night. Rest in peace.

Very sad news indeed. I, too, was just reading up on him. RIP.

I enjoyed his and the Womack Brothers work. Rest in peace Curtis.

Ah, sad news. The Valentinos' "Sweeter Than The Day Before" is a personal fave of mine! RIP Curtis Womack.

AND OF COURSE ... we lost Cecil a couple of years back. He was massive in the UK via his recordings with Sam Cookes daughter Linda ... they were of course Womack & Womack ...
    Last edited by jsmith; 05-22-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Curtis was in a nursing home having suffered with diabetes and dementia for a long time. He went in a coma state one night and was put on life support for a couple days, passing on Sunday, May 21st. He was born October 22, 1942.