[REMOVE ADS]

Complete Philadelphia Sessions--A Brand New Me [[Expanded Edition) Dusty Springfield

This title will be released on July 7, 2017.
    Having issued collections of her lost 1971 Jeff Barry-produced sessions [[Faithful) and her entire 1970-1971 U.K. sessions [[Come for a Dream), we have made chronicling the hallowed early ‘70s period of Dusty Springfield’s career something of a mission here at Real Gone Music. And we have saved what just might be the best for last—this collection brings together, for the first time ever, all of the historic recordings made by Dusty at Sigma Sound Studios in Philadelphia with Gamble-Huff Productions for Atlantic Records. The 17 selections cover the ten 1969 recordings issued on Springfield's 1970 album A Brand New Me— including the hit title song—plus 7 additional tracks from 1970 including the single "I Wanna Be a Free Girl," outtakes not issued until the 1990s on various compilations, and a previously unreleased track, “Sweet Charlie .” Additionally, because former iterations of this material have not been sonically quite up to snuff, each track is newly-remixed from the original multi-track masters by noted Sigma Sound veteran Tom Moulton under the supervision of legendary Gamble-Huff producer-writer Thom Bell, who worked on the original Brand New Me album and follow-up sessions with Dusty! Liner notes by Joe Marchese and rare images from Dusty’s own collection complete this invaluable look at the seductive Ms. Springfield’s foray into the Philly Soul sound. Put this together with our other Real Gone Dusty retrospectives and you have the full picture of Dusty’s recordings from 1969-1971 that immediately followed her Dusty In Memphis pinnacle!

Name:  Dusty 707.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  24.9 KB

Dusty Springfield

This is great. I wonder if "Sweet Charlie" is the same choon as Jackie Moore's "Sweet Charlie Babe."

Great news; Real Gone always releases class-A products. Will indeed be interested to see the results of 'Sweet Charlie [[Babe), sansradio -

Thanks Jack. I'm in, where will I be able to purchase this at?

Looking forward to this

I was wondering g same things sansradio! Great minds....!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I was wondering g same things sansradio! Great minds....!
    You better believe it, Luke! I bet anything it is, since Jackie was an "Atlantic family" artist as well. It's always been one of my favorite songs; if so, I would love to hear Dusty's take on it!
    Last edited by sansradio; 05-13-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Maybe Tom Moulton can tell us about the Sweet Charlie track?
    mr_june : Real Gone is sold on Amazon etc.

This is from "daydreamer" over on the Let's Talk Dusty forum

I've spoken with Paul Howes and re Sweet Charlie, it is actually a different song. Although logs have always shown Sweet Charlie, without the tape to refer to it was assumed to be Sweet Charlie Babe. After all, what would be the chances of two Philly songs having almost identical titles, especially with the words 'Sweet Charlie'. So now we can look forward to a total surprise Also he confirmed that Something For Nothing will have strings!
    Last edited by smallworld; 05-13-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks for the confirmation, smallworld.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Maybe Tom Moulton can tell us about the Sweet Charlie track?
    mr_june : Real Gone is sold on Amazon etc.
    Thanks Jack.

Real Gone has done right by Dusty in the past. I'm really looking forward to this Expanded Edition.