[REMOVE ADS]

Rare Earth CD Reissues

https://theseconddisc.com/2017/05/re...ek-of-may-5-2/

Scroll down for news of 2 Rare Earth CD reissues

Rare Earth have always interested me. Motown, a label that had almost all of its success with [[and became known for) its distinct brand of Soul music, actually managed to have a successful white Rock band on its roster. In fact, Rare Earth were more successful than some of Motown's Soul groups like The Monitors and The Vancouvers. I wonder what Rare Earth thought of being signed to Motown? As Motown/Soul fans, what did you think of them?

Sorry PNH for hijacking your thread and using it to ask my own questions...

Rare Earth was one of the baddest bands to come out of Michigan! All of their hits went national. When I was a kid, we never thought about what color Rare Earth was just that they could kick out the jams better or as good as anyone! LOL! "Celebrate" remains on my list of my all time favorite records.

Ah, thanks Marv. I have to say I do love "I Just Want To Celebrate" which really is a JAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Ah, thanks Marv. I have to say I do love "I Just Want To Celebrate" which really is a JAM!!
    It is a total jam whether the room is smokey or not! LOL!!

Rare Earth was a great group and in my opinion fit in with the Motown stable of artists. They jammed. Loved all of their albums. I would love to have the Norman Whitfield produced "Midnight Lady" released on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    Rare Earth was a great group and in my opinion fit in with the Motown stable of artists. They jammed. Loved all of their albums. I would love to have the Norman Whitfield produced "Midnight Lady" released on CD.
    Had no idea that album was produced by Norman Whitfield... it must have been one of the last things he did at Motown before leaving and setting up Whitfield Records! Thanks blkfrost

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    That's the one I'd love to see reissued as well.

Had no idea that album was produced by Norman Whitfield... it must have been one of the last things he did at Motown before leaving and setting up Whitfield Records! Thanks blkfrost
    Tut tut Tom. And here was me putting you on a pedestal!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Truth View Post
    Tut tut Tom. And here was me putting you on a pedestal!
    LOL... I do apologise, Cosmic

I bought the "Ecology" album on the strength of their version of "[[I Know) I'm Losing You"; and I loved it. I shall always be grateful to Rare Earth for expanding my musical tastes.

LOL... I do apologise, Cosmic
    I'll let it go this time Tom. Just make sure it doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Truth View Post
    I'll let it go this time Tom. Just make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Phew! Thanks Cosmic. And it won't happen again, trust me. Especially since you used that angry face on me.

Phew! Thanks Cosmic. And it won't happen again, trust me. Especially since you used that angry face on me.

Back on topic, I would love Midnight Lady to get released on CD.

Rare Earth have always interested me. Motown, a label that had almost all of its success with [[and became known for) its distinct brand of Soul music, actually managed to have a successful white Rock band on its roster. In fact, Rare Earth were more successful than some of Motown's Soul groups like The Monitors and The Vancouvers. I wonder what Rare Earth thought of being signed to Motown? As Motown/Soul fans, what did you think of them?

Sorry PNH for hijacking your thread and using it to ask my own questions...
    According to their entry on TCMS-1969, Rare Earth enjoyed being signed to Motown especially since the company was starting a new division that was focused on Rock acts. Group founder Gil Bridges is quoted as saying that they wanted to be on a new imprint with no previous identity [[and when the band suggested that they use their name, Rare Earth, for the new imprint, that sealed the deal). I'm a big fan of the band and my favorite albums by them are Get Ready & Ecology [[and I think one of their best singles is "I Just Want To Celebrate"). I still like their unique blend of Blue-Eyed Soul, Hard Rock & Funk.