[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    endlesslove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Not at that age. Diana Ross is 73 years old and still touring and selling out venues. Not to disrespect Whitney but Diana did not need to listen to anybody about Whitney!!
    I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all - her superstardom, her recording career, her reputation, and her voice. She has fought her way through this and came back in a very small way. Every time she sings I Wlll Survive it brings tears...
    Last edited by endlesslove; 04-21-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endlesslove View Post
    I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She it all - her superstardom, her recording career, her reputation, and her voice. She has fought her way through this and came back in a very small way. Every time she sings I Wlll Survive it brings tears...
    Kind of like art imitating life. You know like the movie Lady Sings the Blues. With Diana they never said what actually caused her to snap in the first place.

endlesslove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Kind of like art imitating life. You know like the movie Lady Sings the Blues. With Diana they never said what actually caused her to snap in the first place.
    I read that the RTL failure was a major factor in what caused the downward spiral that led her to seek treatment at a psychiatric unit of a hospital and inpatient substance abuse treatment. I heard that she couldn't get a recording contract and the offers in general stopped coming in. I don't understand why a failed tour was so devastating to her. Mariah Carey had a tour that was cancelled due to poor ticket sales and she just moved on. Diana accepted she is no longer a star anymore, those days are over, and just endlessly plays small venues. I checked the Billboard and even though she tours all the time she did not make the top 190 touring acts of 2016, I also read this at

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thr...nster?page=100
    Last edited by endlesslove; 04-21-2017 at 02:05 PM.

I read that the RTL failure was a major factor in what caused the downward spiral that led her to seek treatment at a psychiatric unit of a hospital and inpatient substance abuse treatment. I heard that she couldn't get a recording contract and the offers in general stopped coming in. I don't understand why a failed tour was so devastating to her. Mariah Carey had a tour that was cancelled due to poor ticket sales and she just moved on. Diana accepted she is no longer a star anymore, those days are over, and just endlessly plays small venues. I checked the Billboard and even though she tours all the time she did not make the top 190 touring acts of 2016, I also read this at

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thr...nster?page=100

It's a dog's life! LOL!!!!

[QUOTE=endlesslove;382068]I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all
    Wow you really do have a problem with Diana Ross. Does it really make you feel better to say these lies about her? When did she battle mental illness and drug addiction? She is still a superstar legend. And she still gets rave reviews for shows. People can not believe how good her voice still is. I have read many reviews on how good her voice is. And I have seen her recently and the whole audience was mesmerized by her voice. So stop the hate! Why do you call your self endlesslove after one of her biggest hits? You are too funny!

[QUOTE=vgalindo;382119]
    I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all
    Wow you really do have a problem with Diana Ross. Does it really make you feel better to say these lies about her? When did she battle mental illness and drug addiction? She is still a superstar legend. And she still gets rave reviews for shows. People can not believe how good her voice still is. I have read many reviews on how good her voice is. And I have seen her recently and the whole audience was mesmerized by her voice. So stop the hate! Why do you call your self endlesslove after one of her biggest hits? You are too funny!
    As we all know, Diana was personally selected by President Obama to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor a citizen of the USA can be awarded. Makes 'ya wonder what our President Obama would think of anyone who would disrespect Ms. Ross, doesn't it?!

It really is sad that there are these so called Supremes fans that hate the lead singer. That is really weird to me. They are so upset that back ground singe Mary Wilson never had a successful solo career so they hate on Diana Ross! I really do feel sorry for them. I guess it makes them feel better to put down and talk bad about Diana. But history does not take away her great solo career.

It really is sad that there are these so called Supremes fans that hate the lead singer. That is really weird to me. They are so upset that back ground singe Mary Wilson never had a successful solo career so they hate on Diana Ross! I really do feel sorry for them. I guess it makes them feel better to put down and talk bad about Diana. But history does not take away her great solo career.
    You hit the nail right on the head! Logically speaking, most of us simply ignore threads that pertain to subjects we are not interested in... but obviously logic does not pertain to the polluters here. It's regrettable that the moderator of the forum allows it to go on. ANYHOO - brava to Diana Ross for yet another career win. PS: The 'ignore' option here helps keep the polluters at bay.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 04-21-2017 at 08:28 PM.

endlesslove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head! Logically speaking, most of us simply ignore threads that pertain to subjects we are not interested in... but obviously logic does not pertain to the polluters here. It's regrettable that the moderator of the forum allows it to go on. ANYHOO - brava to Diana Ross for yet another career win. PS: The 'ignore' option here helps keep the polluters at bay.
    Yes, please put certain individuals on ignore until they are banned! Why the moderator allows this behavior is beyond me.

Good advice. I will not entertain these haters any longer.

endlesslove Guest
    I lurked in the forum because I could not deal with lunacy and games. Enjoy the forum by putting these people on ignore!

Good for you - a wise decision. This forum becomes so much more interesting without their input.

endlesslove Guest
    Now I understand. Certain haters act like fans to turn people off to Diana Ross. I just figured it out. You make everything a bad joke. When she plays a venue the size of a high school auditorium you say Diana Ross' sold out triumph to mock her.

Many people are inspired by Diana Ross beating drugs and alcohol and the haters want to take that away from her so just be quiet!

It is indeed sad and weird. I've managed to bypass their comments by adding them to my 'ignore' list. Anyhoo - and a great [[indeed, historic!) career Diana Ross has and continues to have, as currently proven by the excitement over the release of the 'A' Go-Go' album and the sellout crowds at Manhattan's City Center!

... on a more positive note, Diana is following The Dance Theatre of Harlem, one of the arts groups that make City Center their home. How cool is that?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... on a more positive note, Diana is following The Dance Theatre of Harlem, one of the arts groups that make City Center their home. How cool is that?
    I met Alvin Ailey back in 1986 before he died of AIDS. My girlfriend and I were down by the Minskoff Theater and he was going on his lunch break. Nice man.

endlesslove Guest
    [QUOTE=vgalindo;382119]
    I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all
    Oh you read me wrong. I admire Diana Ross. When my sister was in drug treatment I took this article to inspire her. If Diana can beat drugs and alcohol so can you !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...addiction.html
    Diana Ross is treated for alcohol and drug addiction

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4evsOYbDn
    Diana Ross is treated for alcohol and drug addiction.

Why do you pretend things that happened didn't happen. Lying is wrong. Chaka Khan is honest about her problems and so are others. Shame on you!

These places are treatments for drugs and alcohol. She was treated for alcohol not drugs! And where Is her mental illness you claimed she had?

These places are treatments for drugs and alcohol. She was treated for alcohol not drugs! And where Is her mental illness you claimed she had?
    An inability to acknowledge him?!!

Diana Ross was treated for drug addiction to painkillers.

mpn1jco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross was treated for drug addiction to painkillers.
    It is well known and documented that Ross has battled addiction and mental health issues. It is 2017 not 1947 and the public does not judge someone for these issues anymore. Unfortunately, Ross has fans that do not care for mention of her problems.

endlesslove Guest
    December she checked into a psychiatric ward at Century City Hospital in Los Angeles.

Vgalindo, here it is courtesy of Endlesslove:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4ew1rt1BM

[QUOTE=vgalindo;382119]
    No one is lying on Diana Ross. Here is an article detailing her mental illness and problems with drugs and alcohol. Her kids had to put her in these places. I know for you it may take 5 articles or such to believe it, but you can start here:

mpn1jco Guest
    [QUOTE=marv2;382436]

No one is lying on Diana Ross. Here is an article detailing her mental illness and problems with drugs and alcohol. Her kids had to put her in these places. I know for you it may take 5 articles or such to believe it, but you can start here:

Thanks. You can always be counted on for clarity and intelligence and maturity. This forum needs more people like you!