[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I see your off to a great start for the New Year Timmy. I made a list for the Music Obsession sale ,but didn't buy anything. I wound up going thru my collection doing inventory and purging ,because space is becoming an issue. At last count when I went into storage I estimated 3738 in LP/12inches. That's not including 45's and CD's...
    The sad? part is ..I'm feeling that itch to go shopping but I need to clean up my act a little before I do. I'm retiring from work at the end of this year and I know that collecting is going to be easier than it has been. I'm looking forward to that but at the same time I got to get a grip on this also ,even though my storage space is free ,but even that has its limit. Regardless of all that...the hunt will...continue.....hee hee hee.......

The Vinyl Re-Up for January is done:

Xavier-Work That Sucker To Death [[my old copy was played to death)
    Grace Jones-Nightclubbing
    Graham Central Station-Release Yourself
    Malcolm McClaren-Double Dutch
    Ohio Players-Skin Tight
    The Pointer Sisters

Most discs emerging out of the $1.00 bin.

Xavier-Work That Sucker To Death [[my old copy was played to death). That's an excellent piece.
    I haven't been able to get away to shop and didn't order anything on line yet. I had to buy something so I got these CD's cause the prices were right.

The Best Of Silver Convention-- Import-
    The Best Of The Ritchie Family--Import
    Band Of Gold-Best Of Freda Payne-- Invictus/Castle Import
    B.T. Express --2 for-- Edsel Import All were $2.99 new

From an FYE store WATTSTAX 3 Disc set --$6.99 new
    JILL SCOTT--FROM THE VAULT--$5.99 new

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    Xavier-Work That Sucker To Death [[my old copy was played to death). That's an excellent piece.
    I haven't been able to get away to shop and didn't order anything on line yet. I had to buy something so I got these CD's cause the prices were right.

The Best Of Silver Convention-- Import-
    The Best Of The Ritchie Family--Import
    Band Of Gold-Best Of Freda Payne-- Invictus/Castle Import
    B.T. Express --2 for-- Edsel Import All were $2.99 new

From an FYE store WATTSTAX 3 Disc set --$6.99 new
    JILL SCOTT--FROM THE VAULT--$5.99 new
    Stop DA please! "Save Me" is the ultimate disco classic.
    I thought I was the only one that I got that Wattstax 3 CD set for $6.00. DA, you scare me.

March Vinyl Re-Up:

Caroline Crawford-Nice And Soulful [[produced by Hamilton Bohannon)
    100 Proof Aged In Soul-Somebody's Sleeping In My Bed

April vinyl re-up leaves the starting gate:

Kool And The Gang-Greatest Hits
    Malcolm X-Message To The Grass Roots
    Afrika Bambaataa-Beware
    The Last Poets
    Don Ray-Garden Of Love
    Sugarhill Gang-8th Wonder [[12" single)
    Last edited by timmyfunk; 04-08-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Hey vinyl lovers,i recently fould a great thriftstore warehouse that has a great collection of-45's-albums[you think i ain't in record heaven,hehe]and for a dollar each what a deal and most are in mint condition too!!

Well , I been in a sort of Funk Azz Mood here for too damn long , so I took a few days off and went south to my folks for a few days. I stopped at this vinyl store down in Daytona ,not far from the airport. I picked up ..........................
    BLACK IVORY---HANGIN 'HEAVY
    MORRIS DAY---DAY DREAMING
    CELESTIAL SKY---- THE STARSHIP ORCH.. [[a Norman Conners Production on CBS) 1980
    BRENDA RUSSELL---GET HERE
    IMPACT--- THE PAC IS BACK---- [[The second and last album from this group)
    T.L.C.----AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG remix 12"

All for $3 each clean !!

In St.Augustine Fla , I found......

ABBEY ROAD ---THE BEATLES----PARLAPHONE CD $6.99
    EMBRYA----MAXWELL----$5
    PARANOID---BLACK SABBATH---$5 [[ahh memories of High School!!!)

Yes.........I'm feelin a little less down in the Funk..............
    Waitin on the tax return...............
    Last edited by daddyacey; 04-23-2012 at 11:32 PM.

While in Philly for the TOP/AWB show, I thought I'd make a day out of it by hitting the prime record shops. The vinyl re-up got mad open this time around:

Isley Brothers-Showdown and Live
    Patrice Rushen-Straight From The Heart
    Tower Of Power-Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now [[autographed by the entire band after their set, as well as the self titled AWB album signed by the band)
    Tom Browne-Magic

And in case y'all didn't know, VINYL STILL RULES....AND ROCKS!!!!!

One more late addition: Duke Ellington and John Coltrane

Easily one of the most underrated Coltrane albums ever.

And the results of my trek to the NYC Record Convention is as follows:

Jimmy Castor-Butt Of Course
    Patrice Rushen-Pizzazz
    Young and Co.-I Like What You're Doing To Me

The results of my trek to a yard sale this morning is as follows:

Donna Summer-Four Seasons Of Love and On The Radio-Greatest Hits Volumes I and II. $1.00 a piece.

Fresh from a vacation in Columbia, South Carolina and I'm knee deep in the re-up again:

Keep In Touch [[Body To Body)-The Shades Of Love
    Never Gonna Give You Up-Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers
    The Best of Paul Mauriat
    Billie Holiday-Lady In Satin
    Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

Summer is here and the time is right for dancin' in the streets.

Timmy----Are you talking about the Holiday Inn ????

Well , I'm slowly coming out of my Funk I was in. I said .Self , you need to buy some records. So Music Obsession had a sale and I found these.........................

Gill,johnny-My, My, My Lp Vers. 5:20/7" Edit 4:03/instrum. 5:20
    12" [[Ref: 74296) 13.20 USD
    Motown U.S. 12" vinyl, GILL, JOHNNY: My, My, My lp vers. 5:20/7" edit 4:03/instrum. 5:20, Motown 18359/white label promo/diecut generic label cover/'90... . - LIKE NEW condition
    --------------------------------------------
    Sounds Of Blackness-The Pressure Pt. 1 Serious Lo-key Mix 8:39/serious Lo-key Ra 12" [[Ref: 85477) 22.00 USD
    Perspective U.S. 12" vinyl, SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS: The Pressure Pt. 1 serious lo-key mix 8:39/serious lo-key radio edit 4:27/serious lo-key beats 1:37/classic 12Ó mix 8:15/sound factory mix 5:55/classic radio mix 4:08/flow mix 6:52/flow mix radio edit 4:18/real disco mix 7:30/real disco mix radio edit 4:22, Perspective 28968 1202/2 eps/cust.sticker/'91... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Gill,johnny-Wrap My Body Tight 7"radio Edit/12"remake Vers./fu 12" [[Ref: 78054) 8.80 USD
    Motown U.S. 12" vinyl, GILL, JOHNNY: Wrap My Body Tight 7"radio edit/12"remake vers./funk radio/soul mix/house mix/lp vers., Motown 1088/white label promo/diecut generic label cover/'91... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Soul Ii Soul-A Dreams A Dream Night At Opera Mix 5:45/a Dreams A Dream Cl 12" [[Ref: 10212) 6.60 USD
    Virgin U.S. 12" vinyl, SOUL II SOUL: A Dreams A Dream night at opera mix 5:45/A Dreams A Dream club mix 4:25/Courtney Blows 4:32, Virgin 1496/dj/'90... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Sounds Of Blackness-Optimistic 12" Alright Mix 8:53/12" Inner Mix 8:45 12" [[Ref: 188659) 17.60 USD
    Perspective U.S. 12" vinyl, SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS: Optimistic 12" alright mix 8:53/12" inner mix 8:45/12" never say die mix 7:06/lp vers. edit 4:32, Perspective 28968 1200/'91... . - LIKE NEW condition

Discount : -27.28 USD [[40%)
    SubTotal : 40.92 USD
    Shipping : 6.00 USD
    ORDER TOTAL: 46.92 USD

SHIPPED ITEMS:
    Your order is on the way!

HEE HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timmy----Are you talking about the Holiday Inn ????

Well , I'm slowly coming out of my Funk I was in. I said .Self , you need to buy some records. So Music Obsession had a sale and I found these.........................

Gill,johnny-My, My, My Lp Vers. 5:20/7" Edit 4:03/instrum. 5:20
    12" [[Ref: 74296) 13.20 USD
    Motown U.S. 12" vinyl, GILL, JOHNNY: My, My, My lp vers. 5:20/7" edit 4:03/instrum. 5:20, Motown 18359/white label promo/diecut generic label cover/'90... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Sounds Of Blackness-The Pressure Pt. 1 Serious Lo-key Mix 8:39/serious Lo-key Ra 12" [[Ref: 85477) 22.00 USD
    Perspective U.S. 12" vinyl, SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS: The Pressure Pt. 1 serious lo-key mix 8:39/serious lo-key radio edit 4:27/serious lo-key beats 1:37/classic 12Ó mix 8:15/sound factory mix 5:55/classic radio mix 4:08/flow mix 6:52/flow mix radio edit 4:18/real disco mix 7:30/real disco mix radio edit 4:22, Perspective 28968 1202/2 eps/cust.sticker/'91... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Gill,johnny-Wrap My Body Tight 7"radio Edit/12"remake Vers./fu 12" [[Ref: 78054) 8.80 USD
    Motown U.S. 12" vinyl, GILL, JOHNNY: Wrap My Body Tight 7"radio edit/12"remake vers./funk radio/soul mix/house mix/lp vers., Motown 1088/white label promo/diecut generic label cover/'91... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Soul Ii Soul-A Dreams A Dream Night At Opera Mix 5:45/a Dreams A Dream Cl 12" [[Ref: 10212) 6.60 USD
    Virgin U.S. 12" vinyl, SOUL II SOUL: A Dreams A Dream night at opera mix 5:45/A Dreams A Dream club mix 4:25/Courtney Blows 4:32, Virgin 1496/dj/'90... . - LIKE NEW condition
    Sounds Of Blackness-Optimistic 12" Alright Mix 8:53/12" Inner Mix 8:45 12" [[Ref: 188659) 17.60 USD
    Perspective U.S. 12" vinyl, SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS: Optimistic 12" alright mix 8:53/12" inner mix 8:45/12" never say die mix 7:06/lp vers. edit 4:32, Perspective 28968 1200/'91... . - LIKE NEW condition

Discount : -27.28 USD [[40%)
    SubTotal : 40.92 USD
    Shipping : 6.00 USD
    ORDER TOTAL: 46.92 USD

SHIPPED ITEMS:
    Your order is on the way!

HEE HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nothing like buying vinyl to rescue you from the blahs.

I see your off to a great start for the New Year Timmy. I made a list for the Music Obsession sale ,but didn't buy anything. I wound up going thru my collection doing inventory and purging ,because space is becoming an issue. At last count when I went into storage I estimated 3738 in LP/12inches. That's not including 45's and CD's...
    The sad? part is ..I'm feeling that itch to go shopping but I need to clean up my act a little before I do. I'm retiring from work at the end of this year and I know that collecting is going to be easier than it has been. I'm looking forward to that but at the same time I got to get a grip on this also ,even though my storage space is free ,but even that has its limit. Regardless of all that...the hunt will...continue.....hee hee hee.......
    Congrats on your retirement. I don't know of a better way to celebrate your first day of retirement than to go vinyl hunting.

Lucked into a young lady on Craigslist with about 250 plus Choice vinyl cuts that she fell into.....Picked up over 30 for fiddy cents a pop. In no particular order, here's the first 15:

The Roy Meriwether Trio ‎– Popcorn & Soul: Groovin' At The Movies
    Duke Pearson - now hear this
    freda payne - contact
    lonnie smith - keep on lovin' [[not liston)
    nina simone - it is finished
    this is reggae music
    The roy meriwether trio - soup and onions/soul cookin
    Pharoah Sanders - Deaf Dumb Blind [[Summun Bukmun Umyun)
    pharoah sanders - tauhid
    andy bey - experience and judgement
    oscar brown jr - brother where are you
    Yusef Lateef‎ – The Diverse Yusef Lateef
    billy cobham george duke band - live
    marlena shaw - who is this bitch
    stan getz - voices

I had never heard of Roy Meriwether or the other Lonnie Smith.....but they looked chance wothy. She had a pretty good selection of Jazz, Near-Jazz, and the kind of records that seemed to fit in this collection, even though they were "No Jazz".

TimmyF.....I did not know the Coltrane/Ellington joint was ever on vinyl.....I first heard about it around 2005..... and I picked up couple of Patrice Rushen cuts that I can't wait to listen to. Nina and Pharoah are lifetime faves. The Deaf Dumb, Blind album is a replacement copy for me

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    Lucked into a young lady on Craigslist with about 250 plus Choice vinyl cuts that she fell into.....Picked up over 30 for fiddy cents a pop. In no particular order, here's the first 15:

The Roy Meriwether Trio ‎– Popcorn & Soul: Groovin' At The Movies
    Duke Pearson - now hear this
    freda payne - contact
    lonnie smith - keep on lovin' [[not liston)
    nina simone - it is finished
    this is reggae music
    The roy meriwether trio - soup and onions/soul cookin
    Pharoah Sanders - Deaf Dumb Blind [[Summun Bukmun Umyun)
    pharoah sanders - tauhid
    andy bey - experience and judgement
    oscar brown jr - brother where are you
    Yusef Lateef‎ – The Diverse Yusef Lateef
    billy cobham george duke band - live
    marlena shaw - who is this bitch
    stan getz - voices

I had never heard of Roy Meriwether or the other Lonnie Smith.....but they looked chance wothy. She had a pretty good selection of Jazz, Near-Jazz, and the kind of records that seemed to fit in this collection, even though they were "No Jazz".

TimmyF.....I did not know the Coltrane/Ellington joint was ever on vinyl.....I first heard about it around 2005..... and I picked up couple of Patrice Rushen cuts that I can't wait to listen to. Nina and Pharoah are lifetime faves. The Deaf Dumb, Blind album is a replacement copy for me
    Really? I've never owned the CD of the Coltrane/Ellington joint. I've always owned the vinyl. I wouldn't mind owning a original Japanese vinyl of that record. There's something about those Japanese original Impulse pressings. Really distinctive.

Tim.....I am such a knucklehead.

I was thinking about the Monk/Coltrane Carnegie Hall Cd that surfaced in 2005.

Confounded by the Giants of Jazz.

And speaking of Impulse....I loved the piece WaxPoetics did on them a while ago......do u still follow the mag? I missed out on the Prince issue....and just took a pass last week on the recent hip hop issue...... I'll pick it up later if I run across a discounted version.

And speaking of Impulse....I loved the piece WaxPoetics did on them a while ago......do u still follow the mag? I missed out on the Prince issue....and just took a pass last week on the recent hip hop issue...... I'll pick it up later if I run across a discounted version.
    Knucklehead? Hardly. Vinyl junkie......uhhhhh....yeah.
    Now you know I still have my subscription to the WP. Their new layout is even more attractive to the eye.

You know, when I look at all of those back issues and the artists they've covered, at least 90% of everyone in my record collection. It's like having an encyclopedia of Black music in your own home.

One quick cop: French Kiss-Bob Welch

End of the month grab:

Carl Carlton-1981
    The Ramsey Lewis Trio-The In Crowd
    Diana Ross and the Supremes-Farewell [[in the original white box)
    Carlos Santana/Mahavishnu Joun McLuaghlin- Love, Devotion, Surrender
    T-Connection-Magic

August re-up has commenced:

The Jackson 5-Superstar Series
    Malcolm McClaaren-Duck Rock
    Evelyn Champagne King-Smooth Talk
    Andy Gibb-Shadow Dancing

Something to keep myself occupied before the next round of concerts, which should include Sheila E and Mary J. Blige.

[[Malcolm McClaaren-Duck Rock)--A great album

I ordered Gris Gris--Dr.John

Changes--- Keni Burke

Morning Noon Nightliters--- The Nite-Lighters
    From Sound Stage Direct.com

[[Malcolm McClaaren-Duck Rock)--A great album

I ordered Gris Gris--Dr.John

Changes--- Keni Burke

Morning Noon Nightliters--- The Nite-Lighters
    From Sound Stage Direct.com
    To slide this into the CD realm for a hot minute, are you as tempted as I am to get that EWF Columbia Masters collection?

Re: That EWF Columbia Masters collection.......
    No... Because I have most of the original Lp's on vinyl, the reissued CD releases with some "bonus" tracks that I bought at stores like FYI , TOWER and Barnes and Noble when they closed ,at real discount prices. I have that 3 disc Box set I got on sale from BMG CD Club years ago for cheap , so all the EWF that I like I have already. I think the MASTERS COLLECTION , it's a good set for someone that has say only currently 1/3 of the tracks on the MASTERS COLLECTION , or has to replace worn tracks they have with clean tracks. Otherwise for me its not cost or space effective...........................

But Timmy , If you feeling that EWF Columbia Masters collection , then shop around and jump on it........ Shiii---- Life is toooo short to pinch on yourself :>

I'm gonna have to go through my own collection and see how many EWF CD's I have. It is undeniably a very attractive package.

I have eleven EWF albums on CD, six CD comps plus one boxed set. I have a few needledrops of 45s that aren't even available on CD or vinyl.

After examining my CD collection, I've found that the only EWF albums I'm missing is "Spirit". The others are post-1980 albums that to me are in no way essential, except "Faces"...maybe.

The Eternal Dance box set is better for you if you have all the other reissued album CD's with bonus tracks and Spirit is available here.
    http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1665964/a/Spirit.htm

Also look for "Alive in 75" CD. With all of those , you're set

Vinyl Re-Up through the mail:

Sheila E-In Romance 1600

Now if she autographs it for me on Thursday at BB Kings, all will be right in the world.

Before I list the latest cop, it should be noted that Sheila E did indeed sign the copy of In Romance 1600 that I brought to the show. Also got a picture with her and met Marv2 in the process.

And now, a massive jackpot of original vinyl awaits my perusal. Average price-$2.42:

Ray Charles-The Genius Hits The Road
    The Friends Of Distinction-Greatest Hits
    Kool and the Gang-Live at PJ's
    Third World-Journey To Addis
    The Jackson Five-Diana Ross Presents....[[still in the shrink wrap) and the Third Album
    Parlet-Pleasure Principle [[now you know I wasn't going to leave that in the store)

The following LP's were priced at $.50 cents a piece:

McFadden and Whitehead-containing Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
    Confunkshun-Mr. Tamborine Man/Bumpsumbody-12" single on Fretone records
    Donny Hathaway-In Performance
    The Commodores-Brick House 12"
    Kool and the Gang-Kool Jazz [[damn near mint condition) and Live at the Sex Machine
    Ray Charles-Modern Sounds In Country and Western Music

This was easily the best of Vinyl Re-Up I've experienced in quite a while.

Interesting side note: on my way here to the library, I encountered some people throwing out some trash including some records. What did I find? "City Lights" by Nick Gilder featuring the classic "Hot Child In The City". How's that for collectors luck?

As if the last re-up couldn't be beaten:

Marvin Gaye Live-beat up album cover, but the record itself is a strong VG. Price-free.
    Lady Sings The Blues-Billie Holiday-Super mint original pressing. Price-3.00
    ChangesTwoBowie-David Bowie-Price-3.00
    World's Famous Supreme Team-Hey DJ-Price-free.

Jack's Music Shop has been berry berry good to me.

1) REMINDER---It's that time again http://wfmu.org/recfair/ It's worth the trip,

2) Back on track!!!!!!!!! 10/22/12 finds in the Village

Hard Not To Like It-----Archie Bell & Drells 1977
    The Everything Man---Jimmy Castor 1974
    When I Get Back Home---Vernon Burch 1977
    Truly Bad-------------Ron Banks ******* 1983
    Fantasy----------------Heaven & Earth 1979
    That's Love----------- " 1981
    The Best Of Norman Connors & Friends-- 1979

Now I'm ready for the WFMU Record Fair Nov 3.

Timmy-- It's
    the NYC Record Convention times 20. There are vendors from all over the country there. Prices are from $1 and up and you can bargain with most of them. Last year there was a guy there with bins of vintage jazz for $3-$20 ,nice clean pieces but I had already max out my budget when I saw him. It's a good 3 hour stay at the least. Holla if you make the trip.

Vinyl!!!!!!!!! It's a hell of a drug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) REMINDER---It's that time again http://wfmu.org/recfair/ It's worth the trip,

2) Back on track!!!!!!!!! 10/22/12 finds in the Village

Hard Not To Like It-----Archie Bell & Drells 1977
    The Everything Man---Jimmy Castor 1974
    When I Get Back Home---Vernon Burch 1977
    Truly Bad-------------Ron Banks ******* 1983
    Fantasy----------------Heaven & Earth 1979
    That's Love----------- " 1981
    The Best Of Norman Connors & Friends-- 1979

Now I'm ready for the WFMU Record Fair Nov 3.

Timmy-- It's
    the NYC Record Convention times 20. There are vendors from all over the country there. Prices are from $1 and up and you can bargain with most of them. Last year there was a guy there with bins of vintage jazz for $3-$20 ,nice clean pieces but I had already max out my budget when I saw him. It's a good 3 hour stay at the least. Holla if you make the trip.

Vinyl!!!!!!!!! It's a hell of a drug!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh I've done the WFMU convention a couple of times. I may do it this year again. But free records is a hell of an incentive not to go.

Update on this thread...............
    Sandy wiped out the WFMU Fair ,
    I have not been able to check on the vinyl stores below 23rd street as of yet,
    I did officially retire after 39 years of working, immediately catching the flu ,[[3 weeks worth) and then my younger brother was placed on life support from heart trouble. All I can do is pray. Beside prayer, I felt It was time to take some time to decompress and.......buy some vinyl. So I found this little used book and record shop on 72nd st , NYC and came away @ $5 each with....................................

D.J. Rogers--- Trust Me
    Ruffin and Kendrick-- [[RCA)
    Mahogany Soundtrack
    Andre Cymone-- Living In The New Wave
    Bohannon--- Music In The Air

I'm gonna hang in there ,
    Last edited by daddyacey; 01-31-2013 at 02:13 AM.

You know you have my support. At the moment I am waiting for the following:

Fontella Bass-The New Look; original LP
    The Hollies-Greatest Hits

daddyacey, all good wishes to you..You are an important contributor to the forum, we all appreciate your comments...

Thank's guys !!!

Vinyl Re-Up for March 2013. Nothing essential, but more sentimental than anything else:

McFadden & Whitehead-Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
    GQ-Disco Nights [[Rock Freak)G
    Grover Washington Jr.-Mister Magic

One more Vinyl Re-Up courtesy of the taxman:

ConFunkShun-Fever and To The Max
    Super Disco Breaks-Volume 4
    Platinum Hook
    Ronnie Laws-Every Generation-This album has a personal back story. I vaguely remembered the title cut from this album from my high school days. I probably would've forgotten it had it not been for one of the Rhino compilation Smooth Grooves: Jazzy Soul 3. It has become of one of my favorite ballads. It's not even a love ballad. It's a life ballad.

The following were procurred at the Salvation Army and a thrift store a block away for a dollar a piece:

Pockets-Come Go With Us
    The Whispers-Love Is Where You Find It
    Teddy Pendergrass-It's Time For Love
    Saturday Night Fever soundtrack
    Angela Bofill-Angel Of The Night

A very messy day weather wise, but a bountiful one music wise.
    Last edited by timmyfunk; 03-26-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Philly Vinyl Re-Up for April 2012

Suzi Lane-Harmony [[12" single)
    Pieces of A Dream-Warm Weather [[12" single)
    Cameo-Knights Of The Sound Table [[CD)
    Maceo Parker-My First Name Is Maceo

Sounds Of Market in Philly done saved my soul again.

Nobody told me that taking care of vinyl can be hard work. There are inner sleeves to tape and repair. And I often have to clean wear or ring wear from outer sleeves. For this, I use an art eraser which removes dirt. Covers are another issue; If they are loose, do I tape or re-glue them? My dad said he uses a bit of Dawn dish detergent, warm water, a soft sponge and a lint free cloth to clean and rebuff vinyl. Here's what I found recently: Get It While You Can- Howard Tate; Don't Look Back- Natalie Cole; Check It Out- Tavares; Jr. Walker & the All-Stars Live; Roberta Flack featuring Donny Hathaway; Temptations Live at The Talk of the TOWN [Swedish PRESSING.]

I've been lucky enough to always find VG+ condition copies of records, so I don't usually have the problem of taping inner sleeves or covers. Buying protective plastic sleeves are also a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    I've been lucky enough to always find VG+ condition copies of records, so I don't usually have the problem of taping inner sleeves or covers. Buying protective plastic sleeves are also a good move.
    I have bought the protective sleeves. Many times a dealer will grade the vinyl record as near mint, but the cover is worn. This happens most with vinyl I purchase through mail order.

You will find that you pay top dollar for a clean cover and vinyl. I have found VG+ vinyl in the stankest cover ,and bad vinyl in clean covers. As long as it's something I want for myself , the vinyl is the most important.
    Dawn works great on cleaning ,it cuts the oil dirt. I follow with a mix of 50% distilled water and 50% of ETHYL [[not ISOPROPL) alcohol. The best cloth you can get for buffing and cleaning is those cloths that come with your glasses. They also have those microfiber cloths in the 99 cent stores.

@ kamasu-Jr --- What turntable did you get?

Vinyl Re-Up for fall 2013:

Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes-Wake Up Everybody
    The Floaters-[[self titled)
    Next stop: P-Funk @ BB Kings and the Chiller Theatre convention.

I'm down here in Florida for two weeks and picked up these pieces in Daytona Beach...@ $2 each all LP's

Van McCoy.........My Favorite Fantasy 1978
    Xavier........Point Of Pleasure 1982
    Gene Chandler...Here's To Love 1981
    The Nite Liters....Different Strokes 1972
    Labelle....Nightbirds........1974 [[Quadraphonic SQ) clean!!!!

12"s
    Troop /Levert.....For The Love Of Money/Living For The City [[medley) Promo
    Lisa Fischer...Save Me [[David Morales remix) Promo
    Nick and Val .......Count Your Blessings.. Promo

Up in St. Augustine I picked up a Beatles Anthology CD [[vol 2) with remixes and demos [[2 Disc Apple set) for $10

I fly home Thursday.
    Waiting on the BIG Record Show 11/21-23/ in NYC that was cancelled last year due to Sandy.

Last edited by daddyacey; 10-23-2013 at 01:46 AM.