Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
Marv went to that conversation that Timmyfunk and Stephanie had about that vinyl of Brainstorms , in another thread a while back. The album version of LIRMG is great in regards to sonics and playback , but the 12' version ,slaps the shii out of you.The thing that I love about this track is the strings. Symphonic Funk is all I can call it. From the jump ,the real strings and horns slap you in the face and then proceed to wrap themselves around you [[in 5.1 even in vinyl) ,or up in your face in stereo. The first album of this group has never been released on CD ,for what ever reason ,but if and when it is ,whom ever masters it better have his game on. It's excellent for that time periods pressing and mastering/recording ,[[still analog). This album falls into the same catagory as some other iconic albums such as ,South Shore Commission , Second Resurrection , Executive Suite ,etc. They are important projects that were part of the expansion period of R+B/SOUL music, but never released or remastered for CD relase. The fact that they only exist in original vinyl form makes them more valuable. I have 2 copies of B.S. first LP. One to play and one to play on special groove nights. My 2nd Resurrection ,is only played on special
times .
But what I didn't know that there was a 12' of ANT. I only have the LP. DAYUM paladin!!!!
Daddy, you ain't said a thang! Brainstorms' " Lovin Is Really My Game" was almost daily required listening at my house back in 1977. If we weren't playing it, WJLB and WGPR Detroit were ! It was just testament that long after Motown had left town, Detroit still had "it" musically speaking. Michael Henderson, the Dramatics and all of them were at the heights of their popularity, their powers!