[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Next Motown Ace release. Calling Mr. Hughes

While looking at the Ace Records Facebook Page, I notice that on March
    20th Mick Wilding inquired about the next Motown release from Ace.
    A reply was posted that the next one was cleared on March 23, and the artists being anthologized was revealed.
    Yes, Mr. Hughes it is quite different from what we've recently been offered.
    A release date should be forthcoming, shouldn't it?? Are you allowed to list the song selection yet?

Yessss! I am looking forward to this one very much.....

An Anthology? ACE!

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    While looking at the Ace Records Facebook Page, I notice that on March
    20th Mick Wilding inquired about the next Motown release from Ace.
    A reply was posted that the next one was cleared on March 23, and the artists being anthologized was revealed.
    Yes, Mr. Hughes it is quite different from what we've recently been offered.
    A release date should be forthcoming, shouldn't it?? Are you allowed to list the song selection yet?
    Honestly i really don't know why we never get any hints or a maybe what is forthcoming from Motown Releases ,this is the ideal place for info and get the word out at soul venues etc it P------s Me OFF ,iFEEL like we get treated like kids on here at times,it does not take away from the completed product which are truly appreciated,but why not pass on some of the info ,can't get my head round the silence ,that is putting it politely.

i dont get the silence either...anyway its The Undisputed Truth.

If you mention product being worked on and something happens and it's shelved, the collectors make their displeasure known.

If you are the one that has been working on that project, it's already hard to accept that all your hard work has been in vain and the last thing you want is fans slagging you off.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    If you mention product being worked on and something happens and it's shelved, the collectors make their displeasure known.

If you are the one that has been working on that project, it's already hard to accept that all your hard work has been in vain and the last thing you want is fans slagging you off.
    Not on my behalf mate,as i said it is really appreciated when completed,if it does not happen tough-s---T Happens look at Blinky - ivy joe they got cancelled but it was nice to know there was a chance it may have happened and yes all the labours of the project team work is appreciated all the same, speaking for myself i am adult to know nothing is straightforward by the way John not lecture to you just stating how i feel to the powers that be,Someone mentioned Undisputed truth above yes like them would buy it but not excited same as Syreeta but i bought last one and will keep on buying them. even though i get excited more about some,cheers.

honest man Guest
    oh and thank you mowsville for your reply that's all i wanted to hear.,cheers

There have been many later attempts to put out those projects since Real Records announced them but that's all they are at present....attempts. Meanwhile other projects come along and those other projects get put on the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    i dont get the silence either...anyway its The Undisputed Truth.
    I haven't seen this being mentioned elsewhere, so if it's true - that will be splendid news [[assuming it's not the 'Face to Face with the Truth', but more 'Anthology').

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    There have been many later attempts to put out those projects since Real Records announced them but that's all they are at present....attempts. Meanwhile other projects come along and those other projects get put on the back burner.
    Well explained and right on the button as usual xtown life is never as straightforward as it seems

Thanks John and Paul for understanding the situation. You've worked on projects, you know what it's like.

We [[Ace, that is) have ideas for projects, and put them up for clearance. Sometimes they're approved in total, sometimes partially and we wait for more news, sometimes they're denied and sometimes we hear nothing at all. Sometimes they're denied, then we try again six months later and they're approved. The reasons for denial vary, and sometimes we're not given any. We usually have at least two "in the works".

The VA and the Undisputed Truth projects [[and one other) are partly approved, but I think it safe to say the UT project has now passed the "tipping point". It will very likely happen, though please note "very likely" isn't the same as "definitely". Don't know when, don't know what the track list will be. I'm as eager to write the announcement as you are to read it, believe me.

UT seems to be something different from ACE. I would certainly welcome a CD release of their first album [[Elemental might be one route) but I can't imagine we'd get that from ACE without yet another set of tracks from "Face to Face". Would make a logical 2fer though, but even better a collection containing [[at least) their first 3 / 4 Motown albums plus unreleased stuff. I am being unrealistic of course, but ACE can count on my support for any Motown product.

I am so excited and thrilled at this upcoming release! I cannot believe that ACE [[Kent), who usually focus on '60s Soul, have decided to do a release on a '70s Funk group. It's so great!

And, as such, I really don't mind having to wait or not being told. At the end of the day ACE is doing a great thing and we should leave it up to them to get it done! I don't know what or how these things get done but I'm sure it requires a lot of time and effort, and we should be grateful for it all!!! Thanks ACE people

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Thanks John and Paul for understanding the situation. You've worked on projects, you know what it's like.

We [[Ace, that is) have ideas for projects, and put them up for clearance. Sometimes they're approved in total, sometimes partially and we wait for more news, sometimes they're denied and sometimes we hear nothing at all. Sometimes they're denied, then we try again six months later and they're approved. The reasons for denial vary, and sometimes we're not given any. We usually have at least two "in the works".

The VA and the Undisputed Truth projects [[and one other) are partly approved, but I think it safe to say the UT project has now passed the "tipping point". It will very likely happen, though please note "very likely" isn't the same as "definitely". Don't know when, don't know what the track list will be. I'm as eager to write the announcement as you are to read it, believe me.
    Hi Keith, thank you for explaining! I get it, and I don't mind waiting. You can take as long as you like announcing it, it is [[or will be) such a great announcement!!

Also, I'm having a mind-blank moment, and cannot work out what "VA" means...?

Various..........artists.......

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi Keith, thank you for explaining! I get it, and I don't mind waiting. You can take as long as you like announcing it, it is [[or will be) such a great announcement!!

Also, I'm having a mind-blank moment, and cannot work out what "VA" means...?
    VA - try "Various Artists", as in the two earlier sets of CD's from ACE / KENT entitled "Motown Girls" and "Motown Guys".

Thanks guys......

The Syreeta CD has been my favourite Ace Release so far really love that we still are discovering 'new' Motown music 40yrs or so after recording thanks to Keith Hughes and his ACE team I hope that we all support these and other Motown related releases

I know I'm probably being impatient, but I have to ask... are there any updates on this? I can't wait

I know I'm probably being impatient, but I have to ask... are there any updates on this? I can't wait
    I guess the Undisputed Truth CD is coming August 25, 2017 [[UK release date). https://www.acerecords.co.uk/nothing...s-bonus-tracks

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I guess the Undisputed Truth CD is coming August 25, 2017 [[UK release date). https://www.acerecords.co.uk/nothing...s-bonus-tracks
    OH, WOW, thank you danman!!!! THAT's FANTASTIC!

25th of August, eh? Hmm... just a month and a half...

OH, WOW, thank you danman!!!! THAT's FANTASTIC!

25th of August, eh? Hmm... just a month and a half...
    Hey Tom - MORE Undisputed Truth! How cool is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hey Tom - MORE Undisputed Truth! How cool is that?!
    Hey, PNH, IT IS ENDLESSLY COOL!!!!!

I can't wait... it's three whole albums on CD as well... just fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful news indeed.

Attachment 13274

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Wonderful news indeed.

Attachment 13274
    Yes indeedy mysterysinger!

What a great cover and name too!!

Does anyone know, if I preorder the CD now [[heehee) will it actually arrive on the 25th of August? Or is it dispatched from that date? It's just that I'm on holiday on the 25th so might miss it!!! And then I would probably implode in on myself... LOL

I am really excited by this release. Two of my favorite albums are included "Law of the Land" and "Down to Earth". Would love to see "Cosmic Truth" and "Higher Than High" release as well.

Does anyone know, if I preorder the CD now [[heehee) will it actually arrive on the 25th of August? Or is it dispatched from that date? It's just that I'm on holiday on the 25th so might miss it!!! And then I would probably implode in on myself... LOL
    Mine normally arrive from Ace at the beginning of the week of release

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    Mine normally arrive from Ace at the beginning of the week of release
    Ah I see, thanks booty... the 25th is a Friday so the CD might come the following Monday... that's the 28th of August... by which time I will be home and eagerly [[very eagerly) awaiting its arrival... yes indeed

Ah I see, thanks booty... the 25th is a Friday so the CD might come the following Monday... that's the 28th of August... by which time I will be home and eagerly [[very eagerly awaiting its arrival... yes indeed
    ... not that you're counting the days ... [[LOL! Me too!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... not that you're counting the days ... [[LOL! Me too!)
    LOLOLOL... PNH, I'm counting the minutes... lololol

Many thanks Mr Hughes and the Ace team hope everyone gets behind this release

Our pleasure, dickiemint. Requests on this forum played a significant part in getting this set out to you.

Oops, I keep making ridiculously excited posts I forgot to say thank you... thanks Keith and ACE for all you do and have done for this release! It is wonderful.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Every time a release happens, I already get ahead of myself and wonder what the next release will be. Blinky or Ivy perhaps?

Wise choice to only feature the albums that aren't available already digitally. Which I assume is the reason "Face to Face..." is omitted. The presence of "We've Got a Way Out Love" is enough to guarantee a purchase from me. No disrespect to the Originals, but UT's version is more polished and better arranged. Yet, isn't as readily available.

At long last! My Motown prayers are being answered! Not 1, not 2, but "3" Undisputed Truth albums on CD -- and all in one fell swoop to boot! Feels like Christmas!

I'm really looking forward to this release.

Bring it on.

Fantastic news! I love the Truth. Their CD releases have been few and far between but worth the wait. Lots of undiscovered gems on these albums.

Ace continues to be the leader when it comes to the highest quality releases of Motown and other soul material. Their King/Federal issues are also fantastic. So much great material, most of it never even on CD before. And I think their transfers and sound quality is unsurpassed. So glad we have them.

Our pleasure, dickiemint. Requests on this forum played a significant part in getting this set out to you.
    When I saw the first few comments about this set, I was really excited, although thought, it may be one of those 'wishful' projects, so calm down.

But then, I saw Keith Hughes response - and I know it's happening. It looks amazing - and the Undisputed Truth's first LP is being issued on CD - I'm in ecstacy just waiting now for this to be released.

Well done Keith - I think I need to nominate you for an MBE for services to music!

Good of you, gordyhunk, but I only played a small part in this one, just the track annotations: Tony Rounce was the mastermind here. And thanks are also due to a couple of SDF-ers, who will find their names in the booklet ...

Whichever of the two Ace/Motown projects rushing [[at a rate of about one track per month) towards clearance comes next, it will be one of "mine", and your nomination will be appropriate and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Fantastic news!

Ace continues to be the leader when it comes to the highest quality releases of Motown and other soul material. Their King/Federal issues are also fantastic. So much great material, most of it never even on CD before. And I think their transfers and sound quality is unsurpassed. So glad we have them.
    Second that and yes nominate the whole team for MBE.
    Keith I know things must be under wraps, but are you able to give any other hints that maybe in the pipeline? All the very best to you and your colleagues - McMotown

Very irrelevant but I have to ask... I accidentally bought something from ACE thinking it was a CD... turns out it's just a digital download... am I able to return it? Anyone know? I really want to so I can get the actual CD with the tracks on them.

TT:

From the Ace website:

"You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods [[whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: returns@acerecords.com including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number."

Or you could ring them on +44 [[0) 208 453 1311.

TT:

From the Ace website:

"You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods [[whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: returns@acerecords.com including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number."

Or you could ring them on +44 [[0) 208 453 1311.
    Hi Keith, thanks for that. Unfortunately I did try emailing that address for returns and haven't had a reply. I tried contacting the ACE team as well today so hopefully they get back to me. I can't believe I was so stoopid and missed that it wasn't a physical CD.

I think I bought the tracks on Saturday so if it gets to Friday and I haven't gotten anywhere I guess I'll have to try ringing!!

Sorry for derailing this thread with my stupidity by the way, LOL

Well, I have to say, I'm a bit miffed and confused... I emailed ACE three times and have had no replies, and when I rang that phone number it just rung endlessly...?

TT, send me an email at Keith@dftmc.info with your shipping address and the CD you want. I will try to get this sorted for you.
    Last edited by keith_hughes; 07-16-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Holy Cow!!!! Christmas came early. I've pre-ordered that Undisputed Truth CD. Any chance of Higher than high and Cosmic Truth getting a digital release?

TT, send me an email at Keith@dftmc.info with your shipping address and the CD you want. I will try to get this sorted for you.
    Thanks Keith