[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    The title of the video is "Diana telling off staff and sticking up for her fans". I see it that way too. The reactions of the fans screaming and cheering her on tells the story.
    I see it as, if I bought an expensive ticket to a show and was not able to see the show because some rude assh**e decides that he or she wants to stand up and block my view for the whole show , I am going to get arrested and somebody's going to go to the hospital! LOL!!!

My understanding is Patti made a settlement with the child's parents. I have seen many singers perform while food is being served and none of them had an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Vgalindo that's my thoughts on the serving video too. But was Diana talking to the staff of the seating video or a fan? Depending on which definitely tells a different story.
    The staff would have been just doing their jobs if she were talking to them. Evidently, it is a venue that has served customers food during other concerts. She should be more selective of the venues she plays if it is such a big problem for her......... .

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    My understanding is Patti made a settlement with the child's parents. I have seen many singers perform while food is being served and none of them had an issue with it.
    Well I sure did have an issue with it. Late comers being served during a performance. It was really annoying and distracting. And I think it is rude to the performer as well.

About 100 years ago. I had a front row table at one of Mary Wilson's concerts. We were smoking cigarettes and having drinks. We were so close to the stage that the smoke waded up onto the stage and right under Mary's nose LOL! She looked at me, wriggled her nose to let me know to put it out and we did. She never said a word, nor did she ever stop singing. LOL!

Well I sure did have an issue with it. Late comers being served during a performance. It was really annoying and distracting. And I think it is rude to the performer as well.
    Well she should be playing dinner shows, banquets or wherever food is being sold and allowed in the seating area. It was not the servers or the patrons fault at all that she did not like it. They were paying her to perform for them.....THERE! Choose a different venue.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well she should be playing dinner shows, banquets or wherever food is being sold and allowed in the seating area. It was not the servers or the patrons fault at all that she did not like it. They were paying her to perform for them.....THERE! Choose a different venue.
    That's not true. Everybody is told there will be no serving or ordering food during the performance. However there will be some waiter who is probably tipped and goes against the rules. Believe me it is very distracting hearing people ordering food and talking while the performer is singing just because they weren't on time.

That's not true. Everybody is told there will be no serving or ordering food during the performance. However there will be some waiter who is probably tipped and goes against the rules. Believe me it is very distracting hearing people ordering food and talking while the performer is singing just because they weren't on time.
    Well evidently they don't respect her and go on and make their money just like she's making hers!

Some top of line nightclubs do it and nobody freaks out. This has been going on for 80 years!

Some top of line nightclubs do it and nobody freaks out. This has been going on for 80 years!
    They served dinner at the old Copa.

And currently at BB Kings..all night. I got a hamburger at Mary's last show there and she didn't yell at me!! And weI ate at Darlene Loves show too and she didn't yell at us or the servers! Whaddyaknow!
    Last edited by luke; 04-06-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Once again RTL was the last time you will ever see three Supremes on stage - and they may not have been the three everyone wanted to see for the last time but those ladies were damn good together. Not to take away from Mary and Cindy who were not there but, at the same time not to condemn Scherrie and Lynda. I loved it, I lived it and I was fine with it.

Really and truly wish they would have done a live album of the concert.

They served dinner at the old Copa.
    They serve dinner during the show? All dinner shows that I have attended the dinner was served before the performance! In fact the dinner shows at Caesers back in the 80s. Everybody was warned to finish eating because tables had to be cleared of dishes and food before the show started.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 04-06-2017 at 05:25 PM.

endlesslove Guest
    LMAO!!!! She never told the crowd to stop eating. She told the servers to stop serving. And wouldn't that make sense, that a venue serve food before the show or during intermissions, not while a performer is in the middle of a thing? Isn't that why places like Vegas have that rule? If anything, all this video proved is that when it comes to Miss Ross sometimes interpretation is what drives the story. I know one thing, I would be too awestruck to eat anything if I were sitting in the same room as one of my favorites. Lol
    Why do all of your posts contradict each other? Deliberate?

They serve dinner during the show? All dinner shows that I have attended the dinner was served before the performance! In fact the dinner shows at Caesers back in the 80s. Everybody was warned to finish eating because tables had to be cleared of dishes and food before the show started.
    Mary said her hand almost landed in this guy's plate of spaghetti once while performing at the Copa. The tables were that close!

I recently saw Rhonda Ross in concert in NYC. They served food and drink before AND during the performance. Diana's anger got the better of her, and she came off looking foolish.

The title of the video is "Diana telling off staff and sticking up for her fans". I see it that way too. The reactions of the fans screaming and cheering her on tells the story.
    Well duh!! If I had paid attention to the actual title of the video I would know that. Explains a lot. Thanks Vgalindo.

It was the stewardess[[that's what they called them back in the day LOL!), because she was trying to keep Diane from bringing that barking dog on board. It was Joe Shaffner that had to pay the airlines off to keep Motown from being sued and Diane being arrested! That's how I understood it.
    Yup, you're right. Can you imagine what the poor dog must have been going through? LOL

Well evidently they don't respect her and go on and make their money just like she's making hers!
    If they don't respect her then they shouldn't have a problem when she disrespects them, right? At least that's how I operate in my day to day life.

169 posts and 40 of them are from her number 1 obsesser who posted the following. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Somebody has Diane on they mind 24./7

"Originally Posted by marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Once again RTL was the last time you will ever see three Supremes on stage - and they may not have been the three everyone wanted to see for the last time but those ladies were damn good together. Not to take away from Mary and Cindy who were not there but, at the same time not to condemn Scherrie and Lynda. I loved it, I lived it and I was fine with it.
    Kind of sad when you think about it. Of course my opinion is to never say never. I didn't get a chance to check out RTL in person but I'm glad so many of the fans who did go enjoyed the show. It may be accurate to say you'll never see Diana, Lynda and Scherrie as the Supremes together again, so it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. In any case it's a concert so I never understood why, with all the things to be upset about in this life, why some fans are still so butt hurt about the details of a 17 year old concert. Lol It takes all kinds, I guess.

Really and truly wish they would have done a live album of the concert.
    I would normally be on the fence about this. As a true fan I would dig it, but on the other hand understand that releasing an album of a cancelled, controversial tour would have been a potentially bad financial move. But recently finding out that "Forever Came Today" and "Nothing But Heartaches" were in the repertoire during the tour is what pushes me over to the agreement side because I would love to have Ross singing these along with the others. If only she had added "A Breath Taking Guy". She often mentions it and sings the chorus so I'm surprised that she never put it in her live act post Supremes.

Lots of interesting idle chatter and gossip about who you like and who you don't.

In the end, Diana got the big prize - the successful children; and the hits and the Oscar Nomination, the Grammy Life Time Achievement Award, Barack's Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Tony, the Soul Train Music Lifetime Achievement Award, Central Park, the money, the sales.

Mary got to bitch and whine and then she got tired of that and tried to play nice. No hits, no sales, no reunion, retirement and trailer park venues, idle chatter that she tries to shut down and then someone posted a rather unflattering picture of a rather heavy child.

Oh, woe is her.

Quote Originally Posted by endlesslove View Post
    Why do all of your posts contradict each other? Deliberate?
    I've made 110 posts over the last few weeks and you mean to tell me that I contradict myself in all of them?? Goodness gracious!! What am I doing with my life? Well, I'll tell you what, how about you give me an example of what you're talking about. Maybe you're unclear and I'm the only one who can straighten things out for ya. Sometimes we comprehend what we read on the internet erroneously. I hope it's that. I hate to think of myself as the type of person who makes contradictory statements. I don't think I could live with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    169 posts and 40 of them are from her number 1 obsesser who posted the following. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Somebody has Diane on they mind 24./7

"Originally Posted by marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."
    Okay Ms. Roberta, let's keep it classy. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Lots of interesting idle chatter and gossip about who you like and who you don't.

In the end, Diana got the big prize - the successful children; and the hits and the Oscar Nomination, the Grammy Life Time Achievement Award, Barack's Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Tony, the Soul Train Music Lifetime Achievement Award, Central Park, the money, the sales.

Mary got to bitch and whine and then she got tired of that and tried to play nice. No hits, no sales, no reunion, retirement and trailer park venues, idle chatter that she tries to shut down and then someone posted a rather unflattering picture of a rather heavy child.

Oh, woe is her.
    I wouldn't say it's fair [[nor accurate) to go after Mary like that because some folks have fun going after Diana. Diana has had a ton of achievements in her life, not the least of which is her children, whom she seems to be devoted to. You don't have to kick Mary down to lift Diana up. Diana does that all on her own. These two women have accomplished more together and apart than most, if not all, of the people posting in this thread [[not including myself, of course! HA!!). They are the Supremes. Let's keep that in mind folks.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    OH MY! RanRan, I had no idea that an extended version of the song existed... I am listening to it right now and, oh my, that fake ending just got me!!!! Lol... I love it! There's even Stevie there at the beginning and Mary laughing at the end. How brilliant. Thank you very much!

And yes, I can't believe DJ's didn't play it simply because it was written and produced by Stevie Wonder, who was at the time, ON FIRE! [[hit-wise, obviously ) Should have gone to #1 in my opinion...

Wait, there are more Supremes-Stevie recordings? Yes!!! I was under the impression that "Bad Weather" was literally the one only thing they did together. Oh, wow, that's excellent news, thank you RanRan. Hope they get released sometime soon
    Is that Mary laughing at the end? I never knew which Supreme it was. Glad I could turn you onto something new Tom! They really kicked ass with that. Yes, it's my understanding that there are a couple of Stevie cuts left in the vaults. How many I don't know. Perhaps someone in the group can enlighten us. I believe "Soft Days" is supposed to be one. I have a bootleg of it but it doesn't sound like a Stevie production to me. Perhaps when it's given a professional mix the Stevieness of it might shine through better.
    Last edited by RanRan79; 04-06-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Adding a thought

Mary sings "Bad Weather" in concert from time to time now.
    How does she sound singing "Bad Weather" Marv? My first thought is that it would be a Supremes cut she shouldn't be doing, but I wonder if that's because I'm processing the sounds of the original cut and Mary's voice at the time as opposed to what it would sound like today with a band tailoring it to Mary's voice. The more I think about it I can imagine her really jamming with it today.

Okay. Ill try.

To say we will never see three Supremes together on stage again might not be accurate only last year Susaye joined Lynda Sherrie and Joyce on stage to sing gonna let my heart do the walking who is to say susaye may repeat that performance
    Look Forward to what we have, Diana , Mary and the FLOS still performing live and Keeping the Supremes Legacy alive .

endlesslove Guest
    Slow it down you are all over the place!

endlesslove Guest
    Take 5, gather your thoughts, take a stance and stick with it
    Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Okay. Ill try.
    We appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    To say we will never see three Supremes together on stage again might not be accurate only last year Susaye joined Lynda Sherrie and Joyce on stage to sing gonna let my heart do the walking who is to say susaye may repeat that performance
    Look Forward to what we have, Diana , Mary and the FLOS still performing live and Keeping the Supremes Legacy alive .
    That's a good point too Dickiemint. I'm glad so many of the ladies are still so active. It's really a blessing.
    Last edited by RanRan79; 04-06-2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: To=too

Slow it down you are all over the place!
    And you're trying too hard. You won't succeed. I see you coming. LMAO

Btw, have you figured out which contradictory statements you'd like to compare, or did you decide on another strategy?

[QUOTE=marv2;379696]It was the stewardess[[that's what they called them back in the day LOL!), because she was trying to keep Diane from bringing that barking dog on board. It was Joe Shaffner that had to pay the airlines off to keep Motown from being sued and Diane being arrested! That's how I understood it.[/QUOTE ]
    The perfect Saturday Night Live Skit.

mpn1jco Guest
    Take 5, gather your thoughts, take a stance and stick with it
    Ok?
    When people get excited their thoughts race sometimes. I see what you are talking about when I reviewed his posts but I think is everyone is guilty of it at times, including myself. Just leave it alone.
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 04-07-2017 at 11:17 AM.

I felt bad for that poor dog on the box. Cruel. And didn't Miss Ross completely lose it in England once screaming and kicking over a sound speaker. I believe one review said it was the shoddiest display of unprofessionalism he ever saw!

mpn1jco Guest
    ollie9 are you out there? send me a PM

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thr...-power?page=16
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 04-07-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Hi Marv. I Remember this event being reported in the Detroit Feee Press in Jan 73 or 74. I Wish I had my subscription to newspapers.com to look this up.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    I am sorry what I meant was in full concert form,,,,I would love to see Susaye, Scherrie and Lynda in concert. Now those three know how to belt out a song.

I wouldn't say it's fair [[nor accurate) to go after Mary like that because some folks have fun going after Diana. Diana has had a ton of achievements in her life, not the least of which is her children, whom she seems to be devoted to. You don't have to kick Mary down to lift Diana up. Diana does that all on her own. These two women have accomplished more together and apart than most, if not all, of the people posting in this thread [[not including myself, of course! HA!!). They are the Supremes. Let's keep that in mind folks.
    I agree with you

But because it is a forum that allows and encourages frank and often harsh opinions, every so often a frank and harsh recitation of some facts is warranted and appreciated by some people

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;379848]
    It was the stewardess[[that's what they called them back in the day LOL!), because she was trying to keep Diane from bringing that barking dog on board. It was Joe Shaffner that had to pay the airlines off to keep Motown from being sued and Diane being arrested! That's how I understood it.[/QUOTE ]
    The perfect Saturday Night Live Skit.
    I just want to make sure I understand ----are you guys referring to something that supposedly happen in 1966 ? Something that was in Randy T. book ? Which would have been right around the time Diana was 22 or 23 ? If so I can tell you some stories of some 23 year olds that are a lot better than this.
    Last edited by captainjames; 04-08-2017 at 05:46 PM.

i think there is another version of SOFT DAYS with Mary singing lead, and Ill Wait A Lifetime. only a few songs were recorded. the album was cancelled after BW flopped.

[QUOTE=captainjames;380110]
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post

I just want to make sure I understand ----are you guys referring to something that supposedly happen in 1966 ? Something that was in Randy T. book ? Which would have been right around the time Diana was 22 or 23 ? If so I can tell you some stories of some 23 year olds that are a lot better than this.
    Spend a lot of time on their back with Tom Jones because he's big?

LOL Isn't that interesting? I get bringing up stuff within the last few years but bringing up stuff from when someone was in their 20s and they're now in their 70s?? LMAO I'll be 40 in a couple years and God help the person who brings up anything I did when I was 15 or 25, unless it's so we can all have a good laugh. As Mary Wilson would say, "Time to move on".

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i think there is another version of SOFT DAYS with Mary singing lead, and Ill Wait A Lifetime. only a few songs were recorded. the album was cancelled after BW flopped.
    So "Soft Days" was a Stevie production? I know Mary closes "Soft Days" out but I didn't know there's a version with her on lead. I bet it sounds great. I can't wait for more of this stuff to get a release.

LOL Isn't that interesting? I get bringing up stuff within the last few years but bringing up stuff from when someone was in their 20s and they're now in their 70s?? LMAO I'll be 40 in a couple years and God help the person who brings up anything I did when I was 15 or 25, unless it's so we can all have a good laugh. As Mary Wilson would say, "Time to move on".
    Totally agree. Both Diana and Mary today seem to be at a good place in their lives. Clearly they have moved on. Some of our forum members need to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    What you read is correct. Donna was given insufficient time to rehearse as indeed was Mariah and whilst this caused some initial difficulty the situation was quickly diffused and she and Diana met up the next day and cleared the air. To be fair to Mariah she was a real trooper on this particular occasion.
    For those interested, here is a clip of Donna rehearsing with Diana and Mariah. Watch for it at about 1:15.