[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes on Spanish tv. Not their best

Mary gives up at end and Diana doesn't smile! Was this a. Rehearsal? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ehPf-lkd04

i think this was when their luggage was lost and they had to do this show in their street clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary gives up at end and Diana doesn't smile! Was this a. Rehearsal? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ehPf-lkd04
    I would disagree with both of those statement. Though this does not have the usual energy you see in a Supremes performance, Diana does smile at time throughout and Mary is smiling an moving at the end. It does feel odd to see them in three different outfits which adds to the feeling that this is just a rehearsal rather than a performance. Too bad about their luggage! They were probably exhausted.

Well how's this? I can only go by my eyes. Mary lackadaisical at end. Diana not smiling as much and Cindy and Mary like kind of doing their own thing. That's why I thought it was rehearsal. Maybe they were exhausted per flight, baggage etc. I dont know. I see what I see!!
    Last edited by luke; 03-24-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    No rehearsal. According to the guy that posted these originally from Spain about 7 years the show was taped in studios on Portugal and broadcast on Spanish television exactly the way you see them in their street clothes in the collection videos on Youtube. The Supremes were on an extensive European tour in 1968 which is probably why they look so worn out. LOL!

I absolutely love this video. Diana looks gorgeous and no fake smiles. I think the clip is brilliant. It is funny that I watched this clip many times, and did not notice the backup gals next to Diana. Oh, well, it is still a great watch.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 03-24-2017 at 09:33 PM.

I don't think i have EVER seen Diana Ross lip sync this song and mouth the correct words for "need"/"want" ... she always messes this up nonmatter which footage I see lol

I still think it is a rehersal!!