[REMOVE ADS]

Mutt Records Sub Labels Desiree and Pennie

Hi does anybody perhaps have any info regarding the Mutt Records Subsidiary labels? I just acquired the Clarence Hadon - There Has Never Been A Dull Moment / Who Is This 45 on Desiree. I was wondering if there is others on this label and who is on the Pennie Label???

Thanks if anyone can help.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  21.1 KB
    Hi DJS,
    I don't know of any other releases on Desiree and never heard of Detroit's Pennie Records [[Mutt Records subsidiary). I have a fairly thorough discography of Mutt. And, I believe there were at least 3 or 4 releases on Desiree, but I don't remember what they are. I'm not all that knowledgeable on labels operating after 1966. I don't collect much after 1966 [[my collection and interest is mostly 1936-1966).

The only Penny Records I know is the Chicago label from 1962, and the 1965-68 Chicago label owned by Chicago DJ Richard Pegue. I never saw a Pennie Record from Detroit.
    Last edited by robb_k; 03-22-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Hey Robb, Graham sent me a catalog list of Mutt releases and it also said "see Desiree and Pennie in his list, but Graham has now told me that it must be a mistake. He was saying the same thing as you. If you ever get a chance to look and see what those other Desiree releases or if you have that information available let me know please.
    ATB
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by djsproductions View Post
    Hey Robb, Graham sent me a catalog list of Mutt releases and it also said "see Desiree and Pennie in his list, but Graham has now told me that it must be a mistake. He was saying the same thing as you. If you ever get a chance to look and see what those other Desiree releases or if you have that information available let me know please.
    ATB
    Steven
    Attachment 12732
    Sorry. But I never copied down the Desiree information, as I didn't like most of the Mutt cuts later than 1966. And the names of the artists looked too "modern" for me to be interested. If I ever see a list I'll send it on to you.

Robb
    Last edited by robb_k; 03-23-2017 at 12:54 AM.

One more question Robb, are you strictly a collector or do you sell 45's at all?
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by djsproductions View Post
    One more question Robb, are you strictly a collector or do you sell 45's at all?
    Cheers
    Steven
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  21.1 KB
    I'm not a dealer. I have some duplicates, but I only would swap them for records I want. But I live in 5 different countries, and my records are scattered in various countries on 2 continents. I'm not really an active collector now. I bought most of my records in Canada and USA from 1953 through to mid 1972, when I relocated to The Netherlands. I still was buying some records and trading a lot with Northern Soulies while importing NS records to the UK during the late '70s and '80s. But, I've added only a handful of records through trades since then. I've mainly just been adding CDs and digital files since then.