[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops- Lost and Found: Lost Without You

This DESPERATELY needs re-issued. People on Amazon have the audacity to price 3 copies at $139, $149 and $350. That should be illegal. I want and need a new copy but not from those idiots.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    This DESPERATELY needs re-issued. People on Amazon have the audacity to price 3 copies at $139, $149 and $350. That should be illegal. I want and need a new copy but not from those idiots.
    It's a double-edged sword: these people are showing they KNOW this is a very valuable collection BUT they are taking horrible advantage of that fact by trying to score a huge payday the quick way.

Awful.

Isn't that they call market forces at work or more formally the law of supply and demand. I guess it shows that if you really something, buy it as soon as it's released to ensure you can get it at a reasonable price.

While I agree the prices quoted from the Amazon sellers are in themselves truly unjustifiable, there are those collectors and dealers who will buy these things no matter what the asking price, safe in the knowledge that if they want to sell them on they'll be able to do so without too much difficulty and reap a handsome profit in the process.

Like I said earlier it's how the law of supply and demand operates and there are always more buyers than sellers.

Just watch eBay. I've found many a rare titles, including the David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks solo sets that I missed or couldn't afford the first time out. Amazon sellers were asking +$150 for them. I got them of $30 or so each.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Just watch eBay. I've found many a rare titles, including the David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks solo sets that I missed or couldn't afford the first time out. Amazon sellers were asking +$150 for them. I got them of $30 or so each.
    Generally, I always go to ebay for out-of-print cds and records. Amazon is good for new releases, but I never look for the older titles there.

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    Generally, I always go to ebay for out-of-print cds and records. Amazon is good for new releases, but I never look for the older titles there.
    If you're patient and monitor both sites, you can usually find what you want for something reasonable. But it's too bad because there used to be so many more online sources and now almost everything is on Ebay or Amazon or both! But froogle.com sometimes turns things up in odd places and is worth watching too, on somewhat rare occasions that is!