[REMOVE ADS]

Pro Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers battling dementia

Sad news. I was, ironically, just thinking about Brian's Song a couple of hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Sad news. I was, ironically, just thinking about Brian's Song a couple of hours ago.
    I saw a still from the movie last week online and thought of Gale. I hope that he will be alright.

Alot of the youngsters don't know about the great gale sayers who scored a record six touchdowns in a game which still stands,before walter payton or barry sanders there was the swift sleek cool tough gale sayers,sorry to hear of his struggles.

I agree R&B (when does that ever happen?) Gale Sayers was (IMHO) the best of the best!
    Although it is unfortunate this shows the "dark side" of football (the side Roger Dodger doesn't want anyone to see). How many of our stars have suffered from dementia (too many)!!
    But this is the price you pay to play.