[REMOVE ADS]

Don't Go Looking For Love - Faith, Hope & Charity

I absolutely ADORE this incredibly catchy DISCO classic from Van McCoy and Faith, Hope & Charity!!!

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...h+hope+charity
    Hey Tom, the above thread is one I started awhile back [[I was blueskies back then). I assume you have both of their available CD's? I saw Faith, Hope and Charity open for the Supremes when Jean first took lead. They about brought the house down with "So Much Love". I'll never forget that show....FH&C AND The Supremes...how lucky can you get?!
    Sadly, Diane has passed and Brenda [[what a great singer) was in The Jamaica Girls briefly.
    Albert was doing some stage work awhile ago. Can't seem to find much out on him. Sadly, Zulema has passed, too.
    http://am.viwebs.com/cast.php
    Last edited by lakeside; 03-21-2017 at 07:29 PM.

The group Brenda Hilliard was in back in the 80's. Can't find anything on her and don't know if she's still with us. Great singer.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...h+hope+charity
    Hey Tom, the above thread is one I started awhile back [[I was blueskies back then). I assume you have both of their available CD's? I saw Faith, Hope and Charity open for the Supremes when Jean first took lead. They about brought the house down with "So Much Love". I'll never forget that show....FH&C AND The Supremes...how lucky can you get?!
    Sadly, Diane has passed and Brenda [[what a great singer) was in The Jamaica Girls briefly.
    Albert was doing some stage work awhile ago. Can't seem to find much out on him. Sadly, Zulema has passed, too.
    http://am.viwebs.com/cast.php
    Hi lakeside, thanks so much for the links! Faith, Hope & Charity are incredibly underrated in my opinion and there's never enough written about them!! I have downloaded the group's 1975 self-titled LP but not their Life Goes On one... yet.

And, WOW! Seriously, Faith, Hope & Charity AND The Supremes!!! Amazing. How I wish I could have been alive to see that!

The group Brenda Hilliard was in back in the 80's. Can't find anything on her and don't know if she's still with us. Great singer.
    Thanks lakeside! I did know she was in that group but that's all. Brenda also had one solo single out in 1983 entitled "Give Me All Of Your Love"... it's excellent!

Brenda really was an amazing singer, wasn't she!? I was just about to ask whether you knew anything more about her... if she is still alive and such.... but sadly I found this thread which suggests not:

http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/1...tml?1084839842

I love 'Don't Go Looking For Love' as well. That whole album is a delight from start to finish.
    There are a number of other albums by Faith. Hope and Charity long overdue for CD release which contain the original versions of songs later covered by other artists e.g Heavy Love [[David Ruffin), Don't Pity Me [[Thelma Houston), Come Back and Finish What You Started [[Gladys Knight and the Pips).

Ozmo, I could not agree more! Their entire 1975 album is absolutely fantastic. I think "Don't Go Looking For Love" has to be my favourite track though!!! The LP of course includes the classic "To Each His Own" which is a very close second. And then there's the gems "Mellow Me" and "Let's Go To The Disco"... even the group's disco covers of "Rescue Me" and "Just One Look" are fantastic!

And I believe Faith, Hope & Charity have had but two of their five albums reissued on CD: Faith, Hope & Charity [[1975) and Life Goes On [[1976), and these were expanded editions. Unhelpfully, three of their five LPs were all called "Faith, Hope & Charity" [[1970, 1975, 1978)!!!

I have to say... for some reason the single mix of "Don't Go Looking For Love" is noticably inferior to the one on the album... so enjoy this longer and better version!!

I saw the Supremes and Faith Hope and Charity in concert in Columbus, Ohio. A week before the concert, tickets were reduced in price to buy one, get one free. Jean and Cindy also did an in store appearance hawking and autographing their LP the afternoon of the show. The Ohio Theater was more than half empty at showtime. But, it was a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I saw the Supremes and Faith Hope and Charity in concert in Columbus, Ohio. A week before the concert, tickets were reduced in price to buy one, get one free. Jean and Cindy also did an in store appearance hawking and autographing their LP the afternoon of the show. The Ohio Theater was more than half empty at showtime. But, it was a good show.
    I was also at that show. That's what I remember of it, too. I remember being ticked off I somehow missed meeting Cindy and Jean signing autographs at one of the records stores. I was an OSU student at the time and had a pretty full schedule. It was a good show, indeed.

I was also at that show. That's what I remember of it, too. I remember being ticked off I somehow missed meeting Cindy and Jean signing autographs at one of the records stores. I was an OSU student at the time and had a pretty full schedule. It was a good show, indeed.

WOW, small world. I got their autograph at Lazarus' 6th floor record department. They autographed the Right On album. I still have it. Mary was a no-show at Lazarus.

OMG.....wish I had known they were at Lazarus' Dept. Store. Somehow, I thought I had heard later they were at a record store at Eastland Mall....maybe that was Evelyn 'Champagne' King? Missed that one, too. Small world, indeed. By the dates, I'm thinking Zulema was in FH&C at that time? I did not know their individual names then. As I remember, they had some Supremes-like choreography that worked well with their songs.
    Oh to go back and see that show, again! Memories fade as the years go on.
    Last edited by lakeside; 03-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.

As a huge Van McCoy fan, I, too, love Faith, Hope & Charity. They provided amazing back-up vocals on Van's countless 1970's productions [[Van's very own set of Andantes!), and Van rewarded them with fantastic albums of their own -- all of which have their share of glorious moments, my favorites being the two RCA albums/CD's. If I had to choose one favorite FH&C track, it would be "Don't Go Looking For Love". I fell in love with it from the start!

TOM - If you really love FH&T, you've GOTTA get their "Life Goes On" CD while it's still available. It was their masterpiece! - Gary

Yes!! Gary, "Don't Go Looking For Love" is also my all-time FAVE Faith, Hope & Charity song!!! And, yes, I fell in love with it the very first time I heard it, no "growing" necessary ... to me, it's like a disco mini-masterpiece!

Anyway, I love how FH&C were like Van McCoy's andantes... they were integral to his sound but are never fully acknowledged or appreciated! Fortunately, unlike Motown's Andantes, FH&C did get a recording career of their own [[and a decent-sized hit as well!)

And I will definitely download their Life Goes On album in the near future... don't you worry, Gary

TomaterTom [[;-), wouldn't you just love hearing a Tom Moulton extended mix on FH&C' s "Don't Go Looking For Love"! If ever there were a Van McCoy production screaming to be lengthened, it's this one! And we all know that Tom Moulton would do it justice -- BIG TIME!!!

Yes! I didn't even think about that but now you mention it this song would be perfect for a full-on disco remix!!! That smashing chorus just gets me every time...

Gary, how can we get this done?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Yes! I didn't even think about that but now you mention it this song would be perfect for a full-on disco remix!!! That smashing chorus just gets me every time...

Gary, how can we get this done?? Lol
    Well, Tom, we could start by pleading with Tom Moulton - "Tom, if you're reading this -- PLEASE work your magic on Faith, Hope & Charity's "Don't Go Looking For Love"! As it stands, even the longer album version is but a MINI-masterpiece. It's screaming for you to turn it into a full-blown Tom Moulton Extended-Mix masterpiece. If anyone can do it, it's you!"

There, TomatoTom -- how's that for starters?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Well, Tom, we could start by pleading with Tom Moulton - "Tom, if you're reading this -- PLEASE work your magic on Faith, Hope & Charity's "Don't Go Looking For Love"! As it stands, even the longer album version is but a MINI-masterpiece. It's screaming for you to turn it into a full-blown Tom Moulton Extended-Mix masterpiece. If anyone can do it, it's you!"

There, TomatoTom -- how's that for starters?!!!
    Great! Hehe. Thanks Gary, I hope it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8KU-VL5yBA

Just had to throw this in there as it was their first I ever heard and fell in love with. I believe Zeluma was in the group at that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8KU-VL5yBA

Just had to throw this in there as it was their first I ever heard and fell in love with. I believe Zeluma was in the group at that time.
    Yes, love that one too. And, yes, Zulema was with the group at this time, singing on their first two albums, 1970's Faith, Hope & Charity and 1972 Heavy Love. Zulema was a great singer and FH&C did backing vocals on her subsequent solo albums too I believe! I recently found out that she did a version of the FANTASTIC Motown classic "Just Look What You've Done" as well...