[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mary Wilson's Voice: Perfection

I've always loved her beautiful, soft, sexy voice. And loved when she would soul it up! Mmm.

Anyway i thought I would start an appreciation thread for her voice. She truly was amazing!

I found a video on YouTube called "Mary Wilson CAN'T Sing," which is actually a video compilation of some of her strongest vocal moments intended to prove that yes, Mary actually CAN sing and very well.

https://youtu.be/UN48C0_2e0w

I've always said that Diana Ross was the key to the cross over success of the Supremes. But can you imagine if Mary wasn't a Supreme but had her own modest solo career already at Motown? She wouldn't be the background Supreme that wrote a book...she would be a name herself. Probably a more modest success and obviously Berry would have had the groups and Supremes given more attention, but Mary would be one of the classic Motown vocalists, and less of a background story.

Then people could say sentences like "Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Mary Wilson" instead of her name already implied but just being referred to as "The Supremes" or DRATS.

I honestly LOVED "Ooh Child."

And "Early Morning Love." Wow. "You Are the Heart of Me." True I think many of the old Supremes songs aren't really a good fit for her voice [[Reflections and Back in My Arms seem to be a weird fit) but she really belts out some of those later songs where she truly shines. Floy Joy. You Danced My Heart Around the Stars.

Swoon!
    Last edited by imakicola; 03-20-2017 at 12:13 AM.