[REMOVE ADS]

Friends of Distinction CD 'Love Can Make It Easier / Reviviscence"

This new listing appears on the Soul Brother UK site today - anybody familiar with these titles?

http://www.soulbrother.com/shop/love...o-light-again/

I'm not but thanks for the link to that site.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    I'm not but thanks for the link to that site.
    Most Welcome, Mr. June! SoulBrother.com is a good site and I always check their new releases every Friday; being in England they have some different / earlier info than we get in the USA -I had thought FOD only had 2 LPs -

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    This new listing appears on the Soul Brother UK site today - anybody familiar with these titles?

http://www.soulbrother.com/shop/love...o-light-again/
    This has been available to pre order on amazon uk for a few weeks now. I do have a best of compilation by this fine group but beyond that i don't know a great deal about them. I shall have to check the track listing against my compilation to see if it is worth buying.

I am a big fan of the Friends of Distinction and had the Love Can Make It Easier album on vinyl many years ago. It was originally issued in 1973 and the lineup of the group was Harry Elston and Floyd Butler [[both original members) along with new female members Diane Jackson and Dani McCormick. From memory the album was good, certainly not their best but still retained the Friends of Distinction sound. Skip Scarborough was involved with writing and arrangements on a number of tracks, so you know that can't be a bad thing!
    I am not familiar with the Reviviscence album but have heard one of the tracks 'When a Little Bit of Love Began to die' and to my ears the purchase of this cd is worth it for that track alone.
    I already have their first 2 albums [[Grazin and Highly Distinct) on cd. Hopefully their other albums [[Real Friends, Whatever and Friends and People) will also eventually see a cd release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    I am a big fan of the Friends of Distinction and had the Love Can Make It Easier album on vinyl many years ago. It was originally issued in 1973 and the lineup of the group was Harry Elston and Floyd Butler [[both original members) along with new female members Diane Jackson and Dani McCormick. From memory the album was good, certainly not their best but still retained the Friends of Distinction sound. Skip Scarborough was involved with writing and arrangements on a number of tracks, so you know that can't be a bad thing!
    I am not familiar with the Reviviscence album but have heard one of the tracks 'When a Little Bit of Love Began to die' and to my ears the purchase of this cd is worth it for that track alone.
    I already have their first 2 albums [[Grazin and Highly Distinct) on cd. Hopefully their other albums [[Real Friends, Whatever and Friends and People) will also eventually see a cd release.
    I did not realise they had made so many albums. They were a little different than the usual groups of that era but very talented. I am going to order this. Thank you for your invaluable information Ozmo.

I've listened to the sound samples on the Soul Brother site and they are very nice; quite sophisticated & baroque.

WOW! Blazin' hot!! FOD's take on Laura Nyro's 'Eli's Coming'
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...eli%27s+coming
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 03-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.

FOD's version of Eli's Coming is indeed great. It's from their first album 'Grazin' which in my opinion was their best. I would also love to see the 'Real Friends' album released on cd. This contained their big hit 'Love or Let Me be Lonely' as well as a great version of Bread's 'It Don't Matter To Me".
    We can only hope that if the 'Love Can Make It Easier/Reviviscence release sells, it will encourage the release of more FOD product on cd.

Name:  FOD- Love Can Make It B lr.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  34.2 KB

It's about time that a company [[Expansion Records) stepped up to the plate and reissued the remaining albums by The Friends. I've always enjoyed the 'Love Can Make It Easier' album from beginning to end. Some songs that come to mind are, 'No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever,' 'Believe In Me,' 'The Way We Planned It,' Easy Evil,' 'Only Give Love,' 'Now Is The Time' [[also covered by Sisters Loves) and the title track. Reviviscence which came out in 1975 stands true to the sound of TFOD and is not there best but a must have for all fans of The Friends. I really liked their track 'When A Little Love Began To Die' on that album. I hope that this release blesses us with the reissues of 'What Ever,' Real Friends' and Friends & People which is some of their best work recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post

It's about time that a company [[Expansion Records) stepped up to the plate and reissued the remaining albums by The Friends. I've always enjoyed the 'Love Can Make It Easier' album from beginning to end. Some songs that come to mind are, 'No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever,' 'Believe In Me,' 'The Way We Planned It,' Easy Evil,' 'Only Give Love,' 'Now Is The Time' [[also covered by Sisters Loves) and the title track. Reviviscence which came out in 1975 stands true to the sound of TFOD and is not there best but a must have for all fans of The Friends. I really liked their track 'When A Little Love Began To Die' on that album. I hope that this release blesses us with the reissues of 'What Ever,' Real Friends' and Friends & People which is some of their best work recorded.
    Expansion tend to concentrate on 80's and 90's reissues. Funkytowngrooves or soul music.com are likelier to release FOD albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Expansion tend to concentrate on 80's and 90's reissues. Funkytowngrooves or soul music.com are likelier to release FOD albums.
    There's also Wounded Bird, who issues bare-bones reissues for a decent price - I'll send them a request!

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post

Good to hear about 'No One ... ' and 'Rev ...' - I'm ordering!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Expansion Records is the label responsible for upcoming release of 'Love Can Make It Easier/Reviviscence'. So if this sells sufficiently, they may be encouraged to release the rest of FOD's catalogue.
    Expansion did a series of 2 on 1 cds of 70s albums by Main Ingredient which seemed to be well received. Here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    There's also Wounded Bird, who issues bare-bones reissues for a decent price - I'll send them a request!
    Oh please do so!!!

Expansion Records is the label responsible for upcoming release of 'Love Can Make It Easier/Reviviscence'. So if this sells sufficiently, they may be encouraged to release the rest of FOD's catalogue.
    Expansion did a series of 2 on 1 cds of 70s albums by Main Ingredient which seemed to be well received. Here's hoping!
    You are correct of course, but at the moment reissues of 70's albums are the exception rather than the rule but as you say if the forthcoming release sells sufficiently well we may hopefully see more of these kind of releases on expansion. Here's hoping!