[REMOVE ADS]

Which Temptaions album would you like to see get the deluxe treatment?

Which Temptations album would you like to see get the deluxe treatment?

My choices are; With A Lot 'O Soul, A Song For You, The Temptations Sing Smokey & All Directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post

My choices are; With A Lot 'O Soul, A Song For You, The Temptations Sing Smokey & All Directions.
    Any of those would be great; my first would be 'Sky's The Limit', though it may depend on what & how much additional material there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post

I will go with "In A Mellow Mood" [[if that wasn't done already) and "The Temptations Sing Smokey"

My choices: "Temptin Temptations" and "Mellow Mood".

Wow, my absolute favourite group. It's got to be "Sing Smokey" for the early, raw version of their spit-shine harmonies then "For Lovers Only" for the total perfection of those harmonies even / because of the new members plus the ardent hope of hearing something more from the one and only Mr Melvin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTony View Post
    Wow, my absolute favourite group. It's got to be "Sing Smokey" for the early, raw version of their spit-shine harmonies then "For Lovers Only" for the total perfection of those harmonies even / because of the new members plus the ardent hope of hearing something more from the one and only Mr Melvin Franklin.
    I agree with For Lovers Only...but my next choice is Psychedelic Shack - I adore that album

Sing Smokey would be the one I would love to have.

With a lot of soul
    To Be Continued

The definitive era 1964-1968.
    Their debut album up to at least WISH IT WOULD RAIN.

Cloud Nine
    All Directions
    Gettin' Ready
    With A Lot O' Soul

I would like to see their first Copa performance that was never released get delux treatment.

Masterpiece, then Solid Rock, Sky's the limit, All Directions.

Temptations Sing Smokey
    Temptin' Temptations
    Gettin' Ready
    With A Lot O' Soul
    Wish It Would Rain

I know a lot of fans complain about the lack of vocals on it, but "Masterpiece" is the one i would really like to see given the expanded treatment. I believe it was the groups last album recorded in detroit before the move to L.A.

I would settle for any Temps or any Tops albums to be given the expanded treatment. There is a small but committed market for this product but i am not holding my breath. I suspect we shall have to make do with further Supremes expanded editions.

Dare I go with "In A Mellow Mood"?

Yes, I know, standards, show tunes, and Motown tunes done in the style of standards and show tunes can be a little "shmaltzy", but that's the classy, "Not just another pop tune" kitschy appeal to it, that may have even proven itself beyond just another "My Girl" and "Get Ready", that may have readied them to "grow" up, to higher ends like the Copa, and TCB.

Throw in whatever other classy, "Lost and Found" vaulted tunes, maybe even a few live period pieces, mono and stereo the versions, and call it a Deluxe. Even the original album as is, anyone who does not feel compellingly teary-eyed moved to "For Once In My Life" and "The Impossible Dream" is not human.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Any of those would be great; my first would be 'Sky's The Limit', though it may depend on what & how much additional material there is.
    Sky's The Limit for me also.

A song For You, Masterpiece and Wings Of Love

I guess for me[temptations live-1966]with the full performance and introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    A song For You, Masterpiece and Wings Of Love
    Wings Of Love? That's an interesting one. I believe it was something of a critical and commercial failure!!!? I quite like it though. Why do you like it, Jack?

I really love the 3 ballads on side 2 of the album.

Oh yes, they are nice! And then there's the completely polar opposite Commodores/Family Stone-influenced HEAVY FUNK on the other side!!! [["Up The Creek Without A Paddle" and "Sweet Gypsy Jane" are great)