[REMOVE ADS]

The first comment...

"You better take this off YouTube or you might get sued because they are not the Shirelles!"

LOL!

And they even introduced them by their own real names!! So bizarre!

This is a short film that was shown at Sundance. Not sure if it was meant to be a tease for a projected motion picture, but it was also shown at the Cannes Film Festival.

I saw that clip years ago. I thought it was from a short film or play.

This is prophetic considering Ben Carson, the US Housing Secretary just stated that slaves were immigrants coming to America for a better life. [[March 6, 2017) This video is not about the group it is about the treatment of Blacks in America. Mama Said there'd be days like this, depicts the treatment and struggle for civil rights.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    This is prophetic considering Ben Carson, the US Housing Secretary just stated that slaves were immigrants coming to America for a better life. [[March 6, 2017) This video is not about the group it is about the treatment of Blacks in America. Mama Said there'd be days like this, depicts the treatment and struggle for civil rights.
    Exactly Drlorne! Why else would they use stock footage of the abuse blacks faced from the police in the early sixties in the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    this is prophetic considering ben carson, the us housing secretary just stated that slaves were immigrants coming to america for a better life. [[march 6, 2017) this video is not about the group it is about the treatment of blacks in america. Mama said there'd be days like this, depicts the treatment and struggle for civil rights.
    ben carson just said w-h-a-t???? Please tell me you're joking.

Very Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie Eli View Post
    Very Interesting
    Great to see you on Soulful Detroit, Vonnie.

Thanks Jim

Jesus Christ on a bicycle...https://youtu.be/1UshvpWTfWo
    Last edited by StuBass1; 03-16-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Hey, dear Vonnie!!!

A great salute to you and for Mr. Bobby "Electronic", :-)

I remember when here in Spain some times have had two or three concerts by "The Platters" a same day on different cities separates by thousands of Kms!! At the disco where I worked as barman on my student years there was a performance by a "Platters" group that I think was the "authentical" [[!!??)

Well, this is obviously over 50 years ago and let's hope it wasn't meant to be real or believeable that those girls are the Shirelles....they are lip-syncing to a record, so there's probably more to the story behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrussi View Post
    Well, this is obviously over 50 years ago and let's hope it wasn't meant to be real or believeable that those girls are the Shirelles....they are lip-syncing to a record, so there's probably more to the story behind this.
    It was a documentary show at a foreign film festival. I cannot remember the name of the doc at the moment. The girls are suppose to mimic the Shirelles.