[REMOVE ADS]

Adam White has great new site to compliment his book

My good friend Adam White has shared with me his brand new blog site at

http://www.adampwhite.com/

Where you will find even more information about our beloved labels than made the final cut of his most excellent tome Motown The Sound Of Young America.

Adam is as passionate about soul music Motown as we all are and is keen to share as many memories as he can with as wide an audience as he can - so get reading guys hopefully the West Grand Blog will grow to be the place to go for all those exclusive Motown background tit bits
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have this and I am reading it.

I love the story in the forward by Andrew Loog Oldham; about this guy named tonight that was involved with the Rolling Stones, Elton John and I think Capitol Records.

And how he made Keith Richards and Mick Jagger be Flo and Mary while he sang lead as Diana - and Paul McCartney sat open mouthed but wouldn't participate. I think he also made them do the Four Tops and he was Levi Stubbs while Jagger and Richards were the other Tops.

I'm reading the whole book bit by bit.

I wish the print for the pictures was a wee bit darker. A bit hard to read at night.

I first heard about this book on Soulful Detroit and pre-ordered it - about 7 months in advance! The people complaining about the pre-order of Supremes A Go Go have nothing on those of us who pre-ordered this. It was so long that I totally forgot I had ordered the book! Will run through his site tonight when I get home from work.

I got mine a couple months ago

It definitely is the definitive Motown book; no serious fan can go without this

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I got mine a couple months ago

It definitely is the definitive Motown book; no serious fan can go without this
    Two new threads for us fans to devour

http://www.adampwhite.com/new-blog/2...september-song

http://www.adampwhite.com/new-blog/2...t-you-freaks-1

Interesting! Thank you for the links, paul

I'm amazed at the lack of attention this book is getting, especially from fans.

It's the fact, no frills, with all the details.