[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Pointer Sisters

Pointer Sisters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pointer_Sisters

I just noticed on wiki that Anita is listed as a 'past' member of the group?
    I looked at the Pointer Sisters web site and all the 'current' pictures show
    Issa, Sadako and Ruth? Is Anita no longer performing with the group?

Ruth revealed during a recent press junket for her book that Anita has left the group because of serious health challenges culminating in chemotherapy.

Their website still lists Anita as a Pointer sister. Sad news. I thought she had recovered awhile ago and she was touring with them again but I guess she's had a recocurence. Ruth didn't mention it on Wendy Williams show.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Ruth revealed during a recent press junket for her book that Anita has left the group because of serious health challenges culminating in chemotherapy.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Sending Anita out some positive thoughts.

Anita recently posted on her Facebook and Twitter that she has beat cancer [[again). It was accompanied by a great photo of her with her doctor. You could feel the joy. I am so happy for her and always pray for the best for her. I believe she has retired from touring but who knows, she could surprise us with some shows in the future???

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Anita recently posted on her Facebook and Twitter that she has beat cancer [[again). It was accompanied by a great photo of her with her doctor. You could feel the joy. I am so happy for her and always pray for the best for her. I believe she has retired from touring but who knows, she could surprise us with some shows in the future???
    That is wonderful news. Anita may have been my favorite, though I love them all. Thanks for this update.

Anita has her own Youtube channel where she answers fans questions and keeps up with what she's doing today:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Anita has her own Youtube channel where she answers fans questions and keeps up with what she's doing today:

Thanx for posting. Anita is looking good. Great to see that she's doing better

Great news and good to see Bonnie looking well also!

I love the Pointers. Ruth's book was a great read and I've been listening to them in heavy rotation for over a year. Was knocked out to see one of favorite non-single, album tracks, 'Bring Your Sweet Stuff Home,' prominently featured in an episode of "Quantico" last season.

I saw Ruth, Issa and Sadako performing in Sydney, Australia last year. While it was disappointing that Anita was not part of the group I have to say that they put on a dynamite show and the Pointer Sisters sound is still very much intact.
    Best wishes to Anita and continued good health.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Great news and good to see Bonnie looking well also!
    Does Bonnie ever sing with the group live? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Does Bonnie ever sing with the group live? Thanks!
    Yes from around the time they started professionally in the late sixties to up around 1976-77.

Other than one show in Vegas and an impromptu performance in a club which is on YouTube they have not sung together. A few years ago Anita indicated Bonnie was rejoining but it never happened. Ruth recently said they are in different places musically and financially as far as Bonnie rejoining them. What finances has to do with it is beyond me.

Maybe Ruth meant that Bonnie would expect a bigger slice of the pie when it comes to the performance fee? As much as I would love to see Bonnie back with the group, for me, it's a blessing just to see her healthy and sober.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Maybe Ruth meant that Bonnie would expect a bigger slice of the pie when it comes to the performance fee? As much as I would love to see Bonnie back with the group, for me, it's a blessing just to see her healthy and sober.
    I wanted Bonnie to rejoin,but I agree that it is good to see her healthy and sober.