[REMOVE ADS]

Here's james brown's ummm "unsung"

Though it is not in this clip, TV One stated that James Brown was not unsung at the very beginning of the show. My question is then why feature him on a show called UNSUNG.

Better off watching "Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown" on HBO.

Glen, I saw it the other night. They called it a "tribute" to James Brown. In reality, they did it to get ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Better off watching "Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown" on HBO.
    Right on Jerry !

Agreed but I still enjoyed the show very much. Think it's one of their better ones. They need to just do some sort of show called Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Though it is not in this clip, TV One stated that James Brown was not unsung at the very beginning of the show. My question is then why feature him on a show called UNSUNG.
    Why feature an Icon like James Brown on Unsung? Ratings perhaps. Anyway, it was worth it to see the recollections of Mary Wilson, Brenda Lee Eager, Larry Graham & Full Force along with Brown's band members. Thanks for sharing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Agreed but I still enjoyed the show very much. Think it's one of their better ones. They need to just do some sort of show called Legend.
    Maybe they need to change the name of the show from Unsung since it's not always appropriate for the artists that they feature. I've felt the same way when Unsung featured Otis Redding, Sly & the Family Stone & George Clinton; these are not artists who are "unsung" by any means. Anyway, I did enjoy the James Brown Unsung too.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Maybe they need to change the name of the show from Unsung since it's not always appropriate for the artists that they feature. I've felt the same way when Unsung featured Otis Redding, Sly & the Family Stone & George Clinton; these are not artists who are "unsung" by any means. Anyway, I did enjoy the James Brown Unsung too.
    Agreed. A name change is in order, to feature all artists whether they are Unsung or not.

Unsung great. Tribute shows great. Bring em on!!