[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Kim Weston

Kim Weston

Speaking of Kim, have her LPs THIS IS AMERICA and FOR THE FIRST TIME ever come out on CD? I can't even find the tracks on YouTube.

The first track from her FOR THE FIRST TIME album [["Where Am I Going") was released on her Motown Anthology. It may be a different mix, but it sounds like the same recording to me ...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    The first track from her FOR THE FIRST TIME album [["Where Am I Going") was released on her Motown Anthology. It may be a different mix, but it sounds like the same recording to me ...
    That was a Motown Recording that somehow managed to appear on another label after she and Mickey left the label. The original tape was in the Motown archives and pulled for her anthology.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    That was a Motown Recording that somehow managed to appear on another label after she and Mickey left the label. The original tape was in the Motown archives and pulled for her anthology.
    Thx Paul. But it's the only song from that album that appeared on CD, n'est-ce pas?

LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING appears on her MILLENNIUM COLLECTION cd.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING appears on her MILLENNIUM COLLECTION cd.
    Lift Every Voice is now a Motown track but now comes under the Universal ownership and so was able to be used on her MC

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Lift Every Voice is now a Motown track but now comes under the Universal ownership and so was able to be used on her MC
    Paul,

By your comment about "Lift Every Voice And Sing" are you saying all of Kim's MGM recordings now come under the Motown wing within Universal Music?

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    Paul,

By your comment about "Lift Every Voice And Sing" are you saying all of Kim's MGM recordings now come under the Motown wing within Universal Music?

Ivor
    Yes I believe so