[REMOVE ADS]

Florence's anniversary

My partner and I discussed this earlier today. Blondie, you are missed.

My calendar reminded me of this earlier this morning. Since finding her CD collection a few years ago I listen to it every year on this day.

Rest in peace Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    My calendar reminded me of this earlier this morning. Since finding her CD collection a few years ago I listen to it every year on this day.
    What a nice gesture to remember her....I'm busy today but I will try to play it this week....I will at least play one of my favorites today... "Save Me A Star".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5uPhjRox8o
    Last edited by johnjeb; 02-22-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Memorial observance is a better term,luv ya flo.

Thanks sharpmoves. We always honor losses in my family and friends on their anniversaries. I sense Florence has great light for all of us.

Remembering Florence Ballard:

I always admired Flo, but truly fell in love with her after listening to their '66 concert at the Roostertail of the expanded "I Hear A Symphony" album. True charisma, showmanship, and warmth. I think of her often, even when I'm not listening to The Supremes. I wonder if she knew the impact she would leave on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    I always admired Flo, but truly fell in love with her after listening to their '66 concert at the Roostertail of the expanded "I Hear A Symphony" album. True charisma, showmanship, and warmth. I think of her often, even when I'm not listening to The Supremes. I wonder if she knew the impact she would leave on the world.
    She didn't know, I promise you. She did not have that type of ego. My friend, the late Al Abrams worked with her some after she left the Supremes.

Flo was really on top of her game in the summer/early fall of '66. However by the end of the year it was obvious that something drastic changed in her. Her confidence and strong presence disappeared.

She was always my favorite of the original three. My favorite two Flo moments are both on Hullabaloo, one was Come See About Me and back in my arms again. Such strong stage presence and charisma.

My favorite moment was during the finale of the T.A.M.I. Show, if you look very closely, Flo wallops Bobby Rogers of the Miracles on the butt on purpose with a Maraca she was shaking LOL! Bobby was dancing and really getting with one of the dancers when she did this.

I just watched it again here. Florence wacks him just as he starts to dance with Diana Ross at 1:51:52..... LOL!

Florence ballard will always be with us. She is highly missed.

Still such a shame that an amazingly talented person was taken from this earth way too soon. We miss you, Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Still such a shame that an amazingly talented person was taken from this earth way too soon. We miss you, Flo.
    Despite all the tragedy she left us a legacy that will always remain with us. Hard to imagine it is 41 years ago since she left us.

Was the T.A.M.I. Show a one time only event? It blows the mind how many truly legendary artists were assembled on that stage -- James Brown, Chuck Berry, the Stones, Smokey Robinson and Diana Ross. Who could have known that more than 50 years later those artists would be among the most celebrated in popular music.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Was the T.A.M.I. Show a one time only event? It blows the mind how many truly legendary artists were assembled on that stage -- James Brown, Chuck Berry, the Stones, Smokey Robinson and Diana Ross. Who could have known that more than 50 years later those artists would be among the most celebrated in popular music.
    Yes Guy, The T.A.M.I Show was a one time only event. Not only is it notable for the fact that most of the artists who appeared on the show would become legends, it catches most of them when they're still in the early years of their careers. For instance, The Supremes had their first two number one hits [['Where Did Our Love Go' & 'Baby Love') at the time.