[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: RIP Al Jarreau

  1. #1

    RIP Al Jarreau

    Just days after announcing his retirement:

    http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-c...l-jarreau-dead

  2. #2
    Real real sad and another reminder to be kind to the legends we have left there not going to around forever.

    Sing for the Lord Mr Jarreau.

  3. #3
    Rest In Peace Al Jarreau. Thank you for the music.

  4. #4
    Earlier this week I posted about his retirement. He is at peace now. Thank you Al, I loved your work man!

    Marv

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Too bad. An all-time great, in my book. His version of "Since I Fell For You" is easily one of my favorite songs. So glad that he shared his talent with us.

  7. #7
    Damn!
    I'm just hearing this...Al was truly one of a kind. One of the most unique voices in the business
    and I'm told a great guy. RIP, Al...thanks for all you gave....

  8. #8
    His version of the brubeck classic[blue ronda a la turk]is a classic for him too,great,great legend-r.i.p.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    His version of the brubeck classic[blue ronda a la turk]is a classic for him too,great,great legend-r.i.p.
    He did "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck as well. This is also a great rendition.

  10. #10
    "Gimme What You Got" is under appreciated but one of my favorite songs.

  11. #11
    This gives me chills to this day. It doesn't help that I'm a huge fan of Bob James, David Sanborn, Al Jarreau, and that Marcus Miller is on this track as well. I sing this song when it comes on and I sometimes sing it when I don't have anything else to do. Love this. Absolutely love this...

  12. #12
    This was my introduction to Mr. Jarreau. A stone radio jam from when I was 9 years old:


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    He did "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck as well. This is also a great rendition.
    Jerry, he is doing "Take Five" in the clip I posted above and he is tearing it up!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    This gives me chills to this day. It doesn't help that I'm a huge fan of Bob James, David Sanborn, Al Jarreau, and that Marcus Miller is on this track as well. I sing this song when it comes on and I sometimes sing it when I don't have anything else to do. Love this. Absolutely love this...
    I saw and met Bob James at the Blue Note in NYC. I have never met Al or David Sanborn, but have all of their music!

  15. #15
    I didn't realize how much of his music I loved until yesterday, Marv. This one hit me harder than most, for some reason.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I didn't realize how much of his music I loved until yesterday, Marv. This one hit me harder than most, for some reason.
    I know why it hit me hard. It is because Al Jarreau was a genuine GOOD GUY from start to finish! I have never heard a bad word about him, his treatment of others or anything in over 3 and half decades. He gave back to his community in Milwaukee, he always was pleasant in public and gave us everything he had in his performance.

    He took a music style that was dying and brought it back to life (think Rochelle Farrell, etc).
    He never cared if he looked cool or not. He seemed determined to take the gift God gave him and share it. Man, did he share it! Check out the thread on him on the main forum for more of my Al Jarreau favorites.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-13-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.