[REMOVE ADS]

Meet the Musicians Who Paid Tribute to Smokey Robinson

Darn right,gotta give the master is due...i always say if you want a song to convey any emotions dealing with love be it happy[my girl]or sad[i can't find]just put on some smokey.

Hey JAI, think about it. Smokey has been doing it for 60 years now! What is amazing most to me is that his music is timeless.

Classic are like that smokey is after all the[piscasso]of our time!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Classic are like that smokey is after all the[piscasso]of our time!!
    He is the Smoky of our time! A complete Detroit original! LOL!

When I saw "musicians" I thought we were talking about the actual "musicians" as in "house band"...not performers who were excellent in paying tribute to Smokey by performing some of his classic songs. As for the musicians and the terrific house band which was led by the incomparable Greg Phillinganes as musical director as well as featuring Nathan East on bass, and the great Paul Jackson Jr on guitar...I noticed those two two right away. Also, if anyone noticed Dimitrios Pappas the guy with the ponytail who accompanied Smokey on the grand piano... the Philly guy who was part of the musical ensemble in the SITSOM documentary, and I also believe toured for a time with The Funks...I recall he had an exceptionally large head...and was disappointed when his head was blocking out Joe Hunter in the film as I recall......
    Last edited by StuBass1; 02-12-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    When I saw "musicians" I thought we were talking about the actual "musicians" as in "house band"...not performers who were excellent in paying tribute to Smokey by performing some of his classic songs. As for the musicians and the terrific house band which was led by the incomparable Greg Phillinganes as musical director as well as featuring Nathan East on bass, and the great Paul Jackson Jr on guitar...I noticed those two two right away. Also, if anyone noticed Dimitrios Pappas the guy with the ponytail who accompanied Smokey on the grand piano... the Philly guy who was part of the musical ensemble in the SITSOM documentary, and I also believe toured for a time with The Funks...I recall he had an exceptionally large head...and was disappointed when his head was blocking out Joe Hunter in the film as I recall......
    LOL! at the exceptionally large head. You go StuBass! LOL!!!!