[REMOVE ADS]

All my life's a lie-smokey

Not a classic,but a nice little groove from the great one it's melody reminds me of his[miracles]days..from the lp-touch the sky.

Well let's just see........

I have that album [[ I have every Smokey album LOL) but I did not remember this cut. It is really good. I especially like this period [[the 80s) of Smokey's career.

Now check this out!

Oh yeah,i have that groove too,got that old miracles funk to it,aren't we lucky to have lived in the age of smokey?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Oh yeah,i have that groove too,got that old miracles funk to it,aren't we lucky to have lived in the age of smokey?
    Exactly! We have been truly lucky to live in the age of Smokey and his best girl Aretha! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now check this out!

I agree Marv. This is a little gem, and over the past few years i have been revisiting some of Smokey's gems from the 80's, many of which were criminally overlooked. I am so grateful we have all this great material to go back to in this age of disposable music.

Smokey Robinson has a lot of good songs on his solo albums. Here's one of my favorites; "Melody Man" from 1980's Warm Thoughts.

https://youtu.be/UVZ-tDy4Jp8