[REMOVE ADS]

Anita baker announces retirement on twitter

Since we are making retirement announcements http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c147f0bc0421

I kind of thought she had retired already

Ok fine! Be that way! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I agree. She hasn't recorded a new joint in years.

She's only 59 ! And had been mired in lawsuits I think. I really thought she hadn't been performing either. I think Miss Anita has issues

That's how I felt when I heard the news

She's only 59 ! And had been mired in lawsuits I think. I really thought she hadn't been performing either. I think Miss Anita has issues
    According to the personnel at LaGuardia, it's called being mean..........LOL!

Damn right she has issues. A very complex woman is a polite way of describing Anita Baker.An immensely talented woman but the most difficult woman i ever had to deal with and that includes Jlo , Christina, Whitney, Mariah. Such a sad waste of a remarkable vocal talent. One of the all time greats for sure. I hope she will be remembered for her talent rather than her appalling attitude.

Would like to hear that unreleased last album, anyone who can help me?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Would like to hear that unreleased last album, anyone who can help me?
    She owns the master s and will only authorise it's release if she ever needs the money.

Bluebrock, I heard it was leaked before its releasedate so there must be people who have heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Bluebrock, I heard it was leaked before its releasedate so there must be people who have heard it.
    I did not know that jack020. In that case i would also love to hear it!!

Don't know her personally, but seems like she was never the same after her divorce from ex husband, Walter Bridgforth.

I wonder if Anita is waiting for the crowds to come to her house and protest her retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I wonder if Anita is waiting for the crowds to come to her house and protest her retirement?
    Ha ha. I think most people had kind of given up on her releasing any new product. She has binned so many albums and destroyed the masters. Her last album [[my everything was it called?) was not a return to form and he holiday album left me cold, but those first four albums were the bomb and i hope she is best remembered for those inspiring albums. Having said that don't rule out a comeback if the money well runs dry..........

"Body and Soul" from 1995 was the last album I bought and listened to from Anita.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "Body and Soul" from 1995 was the last album I bought and listened to from Anita.
    It wasn't as good as her previous four albums but it was much better than her final album and her holiday album which was a real turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Damn right she has issues. A very complex woman is a polite way of describing Anita Baker.An immensely talented woman but the most difficult woman i ever had to deal with and that includes Jlo , Christina, Whitney, Mariah. Such a sad waste of a remarkable vocal talent. One of the all time greats for sure. I hope she will be remembered for her talent rather than her appalling attitude.
    I have two friends, one a fashion designer and the other a sound engineer and both have said that she is by far the most difficult person that they've ever worked with. One stated that he has bipolar people in his family and believed that she fell in under that category.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I have two friends, one a fashion designer and the other a sound engineer and both have said that she is by far the most difficult person that they've ever worked with. One stated that he has bipolar people in his family and believed that she fell in under that category.
    I don't really wish to say too much about this but i can say hand on heart that i would rather spend a whole weekend tending to Jennifer Lopez than spend 1 hour tending to Anita Baker. The mere mention of Jlo still sends shivers [[not good ones) down my spine, but compared with Ms Baker she was an absolute pussycat. Obviously in terms of talent Ms Baker wins hands down but as a person. Forget it. Dreadful woman.

I don't really wish to say too much about this but i can say hand on heart that i would rather spend a whole weekend tending to Jennifer Lopez than spend 1 hour tending to Anita Baker. The mere mention of Jlo still sends shivers [[not good ones) down my spine, but compared with Ms Baker she was an absolute pussycat. Obviously in terms of talent Ms Baker wins hands down but as a person. Forget it. Dreadful woman.
    I cant wait for you book my dear friend.

Fondly,

Roberta

I am guessing Anita is out of retirement. I received an an email she will be performing at this years coming Jazz In The Gardens event in March 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I am guessing Anita is out of retirement. I received an an email she will be performing at this years coming Jazz In The Gardens event in March 2018.
    That is good news. I do hope we eventually get a new album. She still has much to offer in terms of talent.

That is good news. I do hope we eventually get a new album. She still has much to offer in terms of talent.
    I hope we get a new album. Her studio recordings are great. I've seen her live once and she was good but I'd prefer a CD.

Luke, I will send u an email in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I hope we get a new album. Her studio recordings are great. I've seen her live once and she was good but I'd prefer a CD.
    Anita will do what Anita wants to do, so it will be entirely down to what mood she is in as to whether we get a new album and/or tour, unless of course the money is running out...............

I saw her in concert in Rotterdam in 1995 with Al Jarreau as her opening act.
    Very good band with Bobby Lyle on keys
    In 2005 I saw her in concert here in Amsterdam.
    Both great concerts where she was in fine form.

Anita Baker went to my high school. I first saw her perform in 1980 with Chapter 8. Ticket price? $5.00!

Hearing that Anita is very difficult does give me pause whether to see her.

I was supposed to see Anita in the early 2000's when she was touring with Maze featuring Frankie Beverly. When my friend and I got to the arena we were told Anita was sick and Stephanie Mills would be replacing her. They were offering a refund but my friend and I were just as happy with Stephanie. It did cause a 2 and half delay until Maze went on. I felt bad for them as the crowd boo'ed them but Frankie said "hold up this isn't our fault. We're here". There were rumors about Anita not really being sick.

Hopefully Anita will show up and show out!

Hearing that Anita is very difficult does give me pause whether to see her.

I was supposed to see Anita in the early 2000's when she was touring with Maze featuring Frankie Beverly. When my friend and I got to the arena we were told Anita was sick and Stephanie Mills would be replacing her. They were offering a refund but my friend and I were just as happy with Stephanie. It did cause a 2 and half delay until Maze went on. I felt bad for them as the crowd boo'ed them but Frankie said "hold up this isn't our fault. We're here". There were rumors about Anita not really being sick.

Hopefully Anita will show up and show out!
    This is by no means an isolated incident. She and Luther Vandross nearly came to blows when they were on tour together. After that they refused to be in the same room together. Luther himself was not immune to the odd diva tantrum, but the way he spoke about Anita would make your maiden Aunt blush. I do hope she has mellowed as she has got older. Her outstanding talent is unquestionable, and those first four albums alone make her a legendary performer in my book. I do hope we get to hear some more material of that calibre before it is too late.

That would be great if she shows up. I wouldn't hold my breath though. The last two major shows that she was set to appear at, including a tribute to Prince she was a no call, no show. I think we should just appreciate the legacy that she has left behind.

I think I heard on the Tom Joyner morning show on the radio that she is supposed to be on his cruise in April/May of 2018...I assume that she will be singing and perhaps throwing people overboard...

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    I think I heard on the Tom Joyner morning show on the radio that she is supposed to be on his cruise in April/May of 2018...I assume that she will be singing and perhaps throwing people overboard...
    Cursing people out and then throwing them overboard is more like it LOL!!! I'll never forget flying home to Detroit for Christmas with her in 2006. If you could have heard what the airline personnel were saying about her......... not good.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    She is a tiny person in the flesh, but if she had the physical strength to do that i have little doubt she would! I think she needs to be more worried about someone throwing HER overboard if indeed she does actually turn up for this engagement.