[REMOVE ADS]

Video -funkadelic cosmic slop

BONKERS!

Post deleted
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 01-31-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Yes! I remember this was the bomb!

LOVE IT...makes me appreciate those who are brave enough to dare to be different

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    LOVE IT...makes me appreciate those who are brave enough to dare to be different
    and the quality of the music, the vocals etc were high quality. The lyrics well, were just right on!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    BONKERS!

Bonkers indeed! And way ahead of it's time. A decade before MTV made videos like this [[called promos back in the '70s when Funkadelic made this clip) a staple of the music biz. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Bonkers indeed! And way ahead of it's time. A decade before MTV made videos like this [[called promos back in the '70s when Funkadelic made this clip) a staple of the music biz. Thanks for sharing.
    I had forgot about that; it being a "music video" before they even became popular. Great point.

Here's a commercial that George Clinton did in 1974 [[a year after the "Cosmic Slop" video) for "Up For The Downstroke". Make you wonder what Parliament-Funkadelic could've done if they had lasted to see the era of the Music Video [[the videos that Clinton did in the '80s gives us a partial answer to that question).

https://youtu.be/c1iA03A-s54

George Clinton and Parliament/Funkadelic were wearing face paint and wild costumes before KISS ever came on the scene. I enjoyed George's videos in the 80s [[i.e. "Double Oh Oh", "Atomic Dog" etc) I just wished they could have done more in the 70s for songs like "Flashlight".

Probably the only piece of footage that features white token devil guitarist Ron Bykowski.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Probably the only piece of footage that features white token devil guitarist Ron Bykowski.
    "polyester soul powered token white devil" was a label Funkadelic's album cover artist
    and liner note writer Pedro Bell laid on Ron. Still, even though his woman made him leave
    the group, his work with them was very much appreciated by most of them especially GC,
    Bernie and Eddie. Good Thoughts Bad Thoughts from Standing On The Verge...is instrumentally a masterpiece and I was delighted to hear Bernie talk about it years back
    praising Ron's sustained chords under Eddie's solo lines...GC had various phenomenal
    musicians in his groups. They gave him the cult status P funk attained...