[REMOVE ADS]

Underated singer jazmine sullivan

i've been following her since the beginning of her career. She was a child contestant on Showtime At The Apollo and has grown to become quite a singer. She's released three cd's and I've seen her in concert on two different occasions opening for Maxwell and Sam Smith. She has one of the better voices out today .

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    i've been following her since the beginning of her career. She was a child contestant on Showtime At The Apollo and has grown to become quite a singer. She's released three cd's and I've seen her in concert on two different occasions opening for Maxwell and Sam Smith. She has one of the better voices out today .
    I am not a great fan of her music but i agree she has one hell of a voice. Perhaps i should revisit her debut album which i have somewhere. I remember not being too impressed at the time but maybe i will like it better this time around.

My main problem with several of the young[[ for me meaning roughly 20 to 35 yr old) female
    singers today usually has nothing to do with their voices but the material they record and
    the stereotypical lyrics and subject matter. I also have been listening to Jazmine since almost
    day one, 8 + years now, I guess. She sold me with her hit I Need You Bad which I remember we
    talked about way back when but I've been too busy tracking other singers emerging since.
    I Bust The Windows Out Your Car was a hoot, I have to say...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    My main problem with several of the young[[ for me meaning roughly 20 to 35 yr old) female
    singers today usually has nothing to do with their voices but the material they record and
    the stereotypical lyrics and subject matter. I also have been listening to Jazmine since almost
    day one, 8 + years now, I guess. She sold me with her hit I Need You Bad which I remember we
    talked about way back when but I've been too busy tracking other singers emerging since.
    I Bust The Windows Out Your Car was a hoot, I have to say...
    I have to agree. I think that she's an awesome talent and I wish that she and others of her generation would dig a bit deeper as far as subject matter. I also could do without the cursing in her music.