[REMOVE ADS]

Mike Connors [["Mannix") - Dead at 91

Yep, saw this about an hour ago. My sister and I were commiserating on how we [[sadly) didn't realize he was still with us. RIP.

I remember watching Mannix. That must be a long time ago now.

I loved that show growing up, even had a crush on "Peggy" aka Gail Fisher. Rest in peace Mike. Thanks for being a part of it.............

Marv

Attachment 12487
    Last edited by marv2; 01-27-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Yeah, Marv, been thinking about the late Gail Fisher a lot today. Wasn't she the first African-American woman to win an Emmy?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yeah, Marv, been thinking about the late Gail Fisher a lot today. Wasn't she the first African-American woman to win an Emmy?
    I'm not sure,but she was a real big deal to me to see her on TV every week back in those days. Diahann Carroll too.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I'm not sure,but she was a real big deal to me to see her on TV every week back in those days. Diahann Carroll too.
    No question. Just checked Wikipedia...Fisher not only was the first African-American woman to win an Emmy, but the first to win a Golden Globe as well.

Damn,my main man.the coolest tv detective of alltime-joe mannix who was also the first tv cop to carry his gun behind his back[he started that with[tightrope]in the early sixties,and of course he had the cute peggy[gail fisher]thanks for the great shows and r.i.p.