[REMOVE ADS]

Who's watching the New Edition Story?

Just an hour into part one. So far so good. The casting and the soundtrack are terrific.

I plan to watch the entire series this weekend

Dammit, I forgot about it! Hope my partner's DVRing.

What channel is it on?

It's on BET, marv2.

Yep,it's ok so far.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yep,it's ok so far.
    I agree. I just feel like there are too many commercials.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many!!!

BET really outdid themselves with this. They even had the Video Soul interview down. I guess it helps that the channel was taking off around the same time as the group was really hot! I hope Ms. Depasse is watching.

She won't get it. Ms. DePasse is just not that deep..........

So Bobby was David, Ralph was Eddie, and Ricky was Paul! I'm not going to give any spoilers, but it gets pretty intense for Ricky.

I can wait to watch. I've been hearing nothing but great things about the movie [[other than the excessive commercials).

Well done,and as much as it pains me to admit this...it was better than the temps movie,more realism...please keep[suzanne du passe]as far away from any future motown biographies as possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    So Bobby was David, Ralph was Eddie, and Ricky was Paul! I'm not going to give any spoilers, but it gets pretty intense for Ricky.
    I must say Ricky's story was the only surprise for me. I was a bit shocked by this.

The cast was great. The guy playing Mike had his voice down well.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Well done,and as much as it pains me to admit this...it was better than the temps movie,more realism...please keep[suzanne du passe]as far away from any future motown biographies as possible!!
    A huge factor is that all of the members were involved in the production. This is the difference between films like this [[ as well as Ray, Selena, and The Jackson: an American Dream) and The Temptations. Either the subject[[s) or their survivors were heavily involved with making sure everything came out accurate or close. For the Tempts movie, only Otis was around to offer any input while the others were left at the mercy of Susanne de'passe. Had Mama Rose, Dennis, Richard, and any of Eddie, David or Paul's relatives been involved, the story might of been more authentic and contained less Hollywood fluff.

Good point,but i'm not blaming otis whose input was i think minimal, it was mostly fluff.

Just finished watching it and I must say job well done BET. Great casting and story. I have a greater respect for the originals and the actors. That choreography was on point. Ricky's story was a shocker. Around a month ago someone told me that Ronnie owns property in Detroit. Even Tank did a good job as Jheryl Busby. I was in the same room years ago with him and he seemed as if he did not take any mess.