[REMOVE ADS]

The Mirettes/Flora Williams

Has anyone ever seen:

• 'Help Wanted' 7" by The Mirettes with 'Play Fair' on Minit;
    • 'Love Me Or Leave Me'/'I'll Wait For You' 7" by Carlena 'Flora' Williams on Teena

The only copies of 'Help Wanted' that I've seen have 'John's Big Chance' by Huggy's Ork on the b-side. There seem to be some version that have 'Help Wanted' labelled as being by Huggy's Ork as well. Possibly this is a mis-pressing. However, I've not seen and there appears to be no evidence of 'Play Fair' on the internet, other than in lists of singles and discographies. And this could be a perpetuated mistake [[such as the confusing of Delores Johnson with Flora Williams, which seems to have snowballed over time).

If it does exist, then perhaps whoever owns it should stick a nice MP3 on YouTube :-)

As for the Flora Williams single, it has been referenced by a very few people on the internet, but there seems even less evidence than for 'Play Fair'. Has anyone seen or heard it?

These are the sort of questions that plague me....

Hey Camel Walk, where is it that you saw these listed? I've never heard of 'Play Fair" or the Flora single. I knew Carlena well may she RIP... She also sang and recorded with the Blackberries.

Hi brother love, thanks for the reply. If you Google The Mirettes 'Help Wanted' you'll find some sites list 'Play Fair' as the flip side. But I've never seen physical evidence of this, only the Huggy's Ork song.

The Carlena Flora Williams single is referenced on a few websites, but again there appears to be little evidence for it. It's supposed to be on Teena, but there's no release number.

So did you know Carlena well?