[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Sing Holland/Dozier/Holland

Hey guys,

Classic Motown are featuring this album as their Album of the Month at the moment:

http://classic.motown.com/story/the-...-the-supremes/

Really interesting read and some great stories and quotes behind the album! So many great tracks but my favourite has to be "You Keep Me Hangin' On."

I really love the album with the exception of Heatwave and It's The Same Old Song. I do hope we get this album in expanded form soon rather than a couple more years down the line. I wonder what could fill up the second disc though?

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    I really love the album with the exception of Heatwave and It's The Same Old Song. I do hope we get this album in expanded form soon rather than a couple more years down the line. I wonder what could fill up the second disc though?
    Live at the Copa '67?

my fav lp by the supremes as well. Heatwave and Same Old Song were outtakes from Go Go. maybe they will find some unreleased 1967. I made my own version of Sing HDH by adding My World is Empty and Love Is An Itching In My Heart to fill out my deluxe version.

Preferred the UK title and cover - "The Supremes Sing Motown". Good album either way.

Great UK cover as well. I think I like it better but USA CV over art good to.

I play this LP quite frequently, my favorite song being "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone". The song is special to me as I own Lamont Dozier's BMI award for the song. Each time I look at it the song plays in my head!
    I also have in my collection the original transparency used in the production of the album cover, from the collection of a gentleman who worked in the art department at Motown. It's hard to believe so many good songs will be turning 50 this year!
    Darin

Name:  LIHANYG Award.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  30.9 KBName:  Supremes HDH.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  57.2 KB