[REMOVE ADS]

Vermettya Royster from Sisters Love....

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/VermettyaRoyster

With Pat Hodges and Jessica Smith from Hodges, James and Smith
    as back up.

This is both great and fascinating! Vermettya is a brilliant, powerful singer, and of course she was lead singer with The Sisters Love, who were at MoWest in the early 1970s. This 2009 album features rerecordings of songs originally cut by The Sisters Love, including "Try It, You'll Like It", "I'm Learning To Trust My Man" and "[[I Could Never Make) A Better Man Than You". All cracking tunes and to see them rerecorded by the lady herself is just great.

A question:
    Who made the ORIGINAL version of "Give Me Your Love"? Were The Sisiters Love? I likes a lot their version, with the deep and "rasping" female lead voice [[is Vermettya...?), but I knows some others I have heard as the one by Barbara Mason and another not sure if by The Impressions [[sounds like a "Curtom typical" production)...

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    This is both great and fascinating! Vermettya is a brilliant, powerful singer, and of course she was lead singer with The Sisters Love, who were at MoWest in the early 1970s. This 2009 album features rerecordings of songs originally cut by The Sisters Love, including "Try It, You'll Like It", "I'm Learning To Trust My Man" and "[[I Could Never Make) A Better Man Than You". All cracking tunes and to see them rerecorded by the lady herself is just great.
    There's also this, Tom
    https://www.amazon.com/Young-Hearts-...mettya+royster

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    A question:
    Who made the ORIGINAL version of "Give Me Your Love"? Were The Sisiters Love? I likes a lot their version, with the deep and "rasping" female lead voice [[is Vermettya...?), but I knows some others I have heard as the one by Barbara Mason and another not sure if by The Impressions [[sounds like a "Curtom typical" production)...
    I was always under the impression that "Give Me Your Love" first appeared on Curtis Mayfield's Super Fly soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I was always under the impression that "Give Me Your Love" first appeared on Curtis Mayfield's Super Fly soundtrack.
    Thanks, Sansradio,

BTW, I don't have my vynils here but because your comment I think in a track on "Got To Find Away"album by Curtis that can be "Give Me Your Love" more than in the album "SuperFly"... [[??)

Manny, according to Wikipedia, the track listing for Got to Find a Way is as follows:

1. "Love Me [[Right in the Pocket)" [[7:20)
    2. "So You Don't Love Me" [[5:50)
    3. "Prayer" [[4:06)
    4. "Mother's Son" [[6:04)
    5. "Cannot Find a Way" [[7:04)
    6. "Ain't No Love Lost" [[3:27)

"Give Me Your Love [[Love Song)" is, in fact, the song playing during the infamous bubble bath sex scene in the motion picture Super Fly and appears on the soundtrack album.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Oh yes, thanks lakeside! I believe that's stuff recorded while at Ian Levine's Motorcity label. I am looking now... there are versions of Candi Staton's "Young Hearts Run Free", Gladys Knight's "If I Were Your Woman", The Weather Girls' "Just Us" and a rerecording of "Give Me Your Love". There's even a version of "Relight My Fire" as a duet with Chuck Jackson!! Have listened to previews and I love the original composition "Dreamer" as well

I guess for those of us who are always clamoring for CD treatment of HJS, this is better than nothing. CD Baby has lots of cool stuff you cannot find anywhere else, and that one penny shipping deal is cool.

Thanks again, Sansradio. In fact, I don't have my vynils with me since I don't have turntable [[my younger brother have my vynil collection at his home and he have the technical dispositive to ripp from vynil to CD...) but, much before I let "Super Fly" album like so many other LP's to a friend and only played the single "Fredie's Dead" and my all time favorite, the B side instrumental "Junkie Chaise"... BTW, I still thinking that I have heard a "vocal male group" cover of "Give Me Your Love" if not by The Impressions, by some male group in the "same mould" [[Notations? Natural Four...? or perhaps I'm getting too old.... ...?)

Name:  V.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  13.2 KB
    Vermettya was also a member of the Clara Wand Singers [[sang lead on several tracks), the Ikettes, the Raelets and New Spirit. She also recorded was the James Brown's band just to name a few.

Give Me Your Love was a MoWest B-side that got no airplay but over the years became the song the Sisters are best known for. It was also recorded by Sandra Alexsandra on her 1973 album Brown Sugar and sampled by Queen Latifa.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9buqnprk3KY And the original totally knocks me out!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBwyQOBPT7U Barbara Mason. Curtis also recorded just the music to it