[REMOVE ADS]

Mary, Cindy, and Pedro

The whole Mary and Cindy thing confuses me so much. Ok so Cindy came back to replace Lynda when the group was kind of falling apart. That was awesome. But then Pedro took over and Cindy was upset with his decisions, shocked that Mary gave him "the power," and even called Mary "Boss" when Mary was taking things over. Then Pedro fired Cindy for being a pain and apparently gaining weight. So it ended badly...or so I thought.
    Then when Mary and Pedro were facing lawsuits when Scherrie and Susaye left and had to fulfill contracts, Mary said Cindy was "happy" to come back when she and Pedro asked her to return. So maybe it didn't end as badly as I had thought? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by imakicola View Post
    The whole Mary and Cindy thing confuses me so much. Ok so Cindy came back to replace Lynda when the group was kind of falling apart. That was awesome. But then Pedro took over and Cindy was upset with his decisions, shocked that Mary gave him "the power," and even called Mary "Boss" when Mary was taking things over. Then Pedro fired Cindy for being a pain and apparently gaining weight. So it ended badly...or so I thought.
    Then when Mary and Pedro were facing lawsuits when Scherrie and Susaye left and had to fulfill contracts, Mary said Cindy was "happy" to come back when she and Pedro asked her to return. So maybe it didn't end as badly as I had thought? Does anyone know? Thanks!
    They were all friends. Still are.

You kind of get over the bullshit and grow up.

Like all the other groups, they had their up and downs; they did what they had to in order to survive.

They had some hits; some of them were able to continue on and make a career out of their connections and hits.

Cindy and Scherrie loathed Pedro. After Cindy's husband was out of the picture Pedro picked on Cindy mercilessly. All of the ladies tolerated Pedro for Mary. The whole purpose of Pedro firing Cindy was because he was scared Mary might start listening to Cindy instead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Cindy and Scherrie loathed Pedro. After Cindy's husband was out of the picture Pedro picked on Cindy mercilessly. All of the ladies tolerated Pedro for Mary. The whole purpose of Pedro firing Cindy was because he was scared Mary might start listening to Cindy instead of him.
    Yet, he shows up in 2014 for the fundraiser held for Cindy. The stuff you are talking about happen 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The stuff you are talking about happen 40 years ago.
    Should you be so generous to all members of the Motown family.

The stuff you are talking about happen 40 years ago.
    Yet you carp on and on and on and on about stuff Diane may or may not have done when she was with the Supremes 50 years ago. Youve got zero credebillity around here. The truth is Pedro Ferrer beat his wife to a pulp for more than 15 year and nearly everrone at Motown despised him. Hes a woman beater and the lowest form of scum IMO.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 01-13-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Who is Pedro? There's not a lot about him online...?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Read Mary's books.

Pedro was Mary's husband who took over managing the Supremes after Scherrie joined.

Here we go again.....

The less people know about Pedro the better.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    He was the Supremes manager from roughly 1974-77. Him a Grandpa now. LOL!!!!

Name:  Pedro+Ferrer+and+Mary+Wilson+Marry.jpg
Views: 24453
Size:  60.8 KB
    Last edited by marv2; 01-15-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Pedro was Mary's husband who took over managing the Supremes after Scherrie joined.
    Ah right! Thanks luke & marv
    Great photo by the way

So are many of us from that era.

honest man Guest

Funnily enough i thought he looked like he could have been Mary's grandson,was she older than him,looks like.cheers.

Those '70s bow ties. YUCK!

I didn't mind them on Marvin but the rest? No.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

It was the fashion of the time. I am sure everyone involved cringes when they see these pics. It is an occasion best forgotten by everyone.

^ True lol

I wonder if any of the male Motowners ever complained about those bow ties too lol

Perhaps Cindy realized the tough spot Mary was in when she was facing lawsuits and did it for her despite her feelings about Pedro. Would love to see an interview [[or a book) about Cindy Birdsong to get her view on what happened at this time.

And what a horrible manager he was. Not much of a looker either. Always thought what was a beautiful woman like Mary doing with a basic looking guy like him.

Cindy started a book years ago but her manager at the time told me she hadn't finished it. I doubt it will see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    And what a horrible manager he was. Not much of a looker either. Always thought what was a beautiful woman like Mary doing with a basic looking guy like him.
    She said she initially dated him because of his looks.

Name:  Pedro+and+Mary.jpg
Views: 16780
Size:  31.0 KB

Name:  Pedro A.jpg
Views: 3864
Size:  15.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Cindy started a book years ago but her manager at the time told me she hadn't finished it. I doubt it will see the light of day.
    I've been hearing about Cindy's book for more than 20 years now

Attachment 12456

Great pic! Yep. That's why I said I doubted it will ever see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Perhaps Cindy realized the tough spot Mary was in when she was facing lawsuits and did it for her despite her feelings about Pedro. Would love to see an interview [[or a book) about Cindy Birdsong to get her view on what happened at this time.
    Cindy is not well enough to complete her book which is just as well. If she told the truth many people on here would be up in arms. It is best this way,

Although some say her intent was to keep it all nice.
    Last edited by luke; 01-18-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

Bow ties have been back for years now. Except not ugly ones like that one. Smaller...and real always better than fake.

Bow ties have been back for years now. Except not ugly ones like that one. Smaller...and real always better than fake.
    I wore ones like that . Everyone did that wore tuxedos in the mid-70s. Remember the ruffled tuxedo shirts and cummabunds? I also remember all the different colors. You picked your tux to match your girlfriend's dress for proms, homecomings etc. I've had them from every color from lime green, sky blue crush velvet, to light orange...hehehehehehehehehe!