[REMOVE ADS]

A spotlight,a mic and a song!

Ok,now some of us have been to many concerts and have listened to many songs from out private collections,but what is the one song from any of your favorite artist that you would've loved to have heard them sing with just them and a spotlight..for me-holly[smokey]..i'll be there[gene chandler]..prove it[aretha]..funny[walter jackson].

Good question. I once went to a nightclub when they had talent night. None of the acts were worth a crap until the last one came to the mic. Everybody was basically talking and laughing quite loudly and ignoring the people trying to impress us. Then, a young woman started singing Anita Baker's "No One In The World" and as she went through it, the crowd just hushed. She sang it a capella so well, a chill went through me.

I could only imagine Ms. Baker doing it as well or better and would love to hear it. Another would be to hear Levi Stubbs sing "I Believe In You and Me" with no accompaniment. He bared his soul in that song as it is and I have no doubt it would sound just as good with just his voice.

Lady Day. "Strange Fruit." That is all.

Just before sunrise-the impressions

Let me into your life-bill withers[this song is a tearjerker and drop dead gorgious].

R &B crooner, Tank did that recently. "My Next Breath". He accompanies himself on piano. A close second to Levi Stubb's woeful ode mentioned up thread.

As I was driving today, I listened to Tears, by the Force MDs. I know two of their members have died including lead singer Antoine Lundy. I would have loved to hear them sing it in concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    As I was driving today, I listened to Tears, by the Force MDs. I know two of their members have died including lead singer Antoine Lundy. I would have loved to hear them sing it in concert.
    I had the great good fortune to see them do it live in concert, Jer; the crowd went wild.

"Just Loving You" - Kim Weston

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I had the great good fortune to see them do it live in concert, Jer; the crowd went wild.
    That would've been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    That song gives me chills every time I hear it. Their Unsung episode revealed that he nailed it on the first take. I still can't imagine how that's possible. I wonder if there's a thread to be made for songs like that and Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, which was recorded for a demo but not a record because she didn't like it. The producer worked with it and history was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    That song gives me chills every time I hear it. Their Unsung episode revealed that he nailed it on the first take. I still can't imagine how that's possible. I wonder if there's a thread to be made for songs like that and Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, which was recorded for a demo but not a record because she didn't like it. The producer worked with it and history was made.
    Got a name for that possible thread: My Song Will Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeny63 View Post
    got a name for that possible thread: My song will go on.
    great name for a post,why don't you get it started?