[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy Webb album question

Let's not have world war 3 over this . Does anyone know if the Supremes and Blossoms were in the studio together recording backgroundsor were the Blossoms subsequently mixed in ? Jean was singing background too, correct?

i've wondered that too luke. i'd love to hear this album with a "funny girl" treatment. like how they did an alt version in the expanded edition with just DMC. would be great to hear just MJL. it still wouldn't be my fav album but would be fascinating.

The Blossoms were brought in separately. I believe Jean is singing background. You can hear her on "I Keep It Hid."

Thanks and I wonder if Webb made that decision to bring them in after he heard the album or if planned all along. I agree sup. You'd think with Jean and Mary and Lynda he still could've gotten a full sound back there Would love to hear just that

Brad. How many 70s tracks do u think are left. Any special tracks that gave surprised you

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Brad. How many 70s tracks do u think are left. Any special tracks that gave surprised you
    I have been told that there are enough to virtually fill a double cd . There are a lot of outtakes from RIGHT ON and to a lesser extend NEW WAYS, TOUCH, and FLOY JOY. Not sure about the Jimmy Webb album. As regards the Scherrie years i believe there are a handful of alternate versions but no "new" songs.

there have been quite a few posts on here listing out the number of still-to-be-released Jean songs and it's quite a few. plus who knows how many alt takes there are.

after they did Jimmy, did they do much more recording until the Stevie period? Jimmy sessions were from March - June. Bad Weather was in Jan 73 [[along with the other few tracks w Stevie). Frank Wilson did Love Train sometime in 73 and did he do Remote Control?

so that's almost a 6 month period without much recording? Lynda had just joined and so i would have thought they might have been doing at least something in the studio

I think there were several Frank Wilson tracks from this period. Maybe one day we'll get a 70 S Lost and Found.
    I used to have some songs on a tape from a fan club years ago. Some really good as Ings left over from Right On.
    One was a cover of Martha Reeves Loneliness is a Lonely Feeling.

Sorry for misspell. Some good out takes.
    It wouldn't let me edit.

I think Standing Ovation is another lost track.
    That's How Much you Made Me Love You.

I would so love to hear these outtakes. There has been talk of a 70's lost and found but i don't think the idea has progressed much beyond that. There would be a limited market for such a release , but it would be greatly appreciated by the ardent fans amongst us.

With current state at Universal..... I have doubts. But I would be happy even if they were download only at this point.

Not sure who decided to add the Blossoms . Not a cool idea IMO.

Not sure who decided to add the Blossoms . Not a cool idea IMO.
    Jimmy Webb added them as he was producer.

We won't see a 70's Supremes L&F until the 60's albums are finished.

Brad, so there are plans to continue the supremes catalogue. I was really thinking A Go Go might be one of the last with the current state of fairs. that s at least 6 more 60s albums to go so I suppose we wont see 70s Lost and Found until about 2023

Brad, so there are plans to continue the supremes catalogue. I was really thinking A Go Go might be one of the last with the current state of fairs. that s at least 6 more 60s albums to go so I suppose we wont see 70s Lost and Found until about 2023
    No one said A' Go-Go was going to be the last. Despite the current state, they have said the plan always has been to complete their entire catalog. It just may take longer to do so.

Brad.i said it seems the way things are going it may be the last. Just seems Universal doesn't seem interested in these expanded releases. Just my opinion based on the way things have gone and current state of the music business. Just my opinion.not meant to Offend anyone.
    And yes I did want your opinion as to the state of the Supremes legacy. When Motown was sold many of us were concerned about the Motown history.
    Then again with the recent merger of universal. It seems things looked gloomy