[REMOVE ADS]

George Michael has passed. RIP

Shocking news, gone at only 53. RIP

Such sad news. So young. Thanks for the music George Michael! I am going to listen to "Jesus to a Child" now in your memory.

Will this year stop it already with the losses? RIP to a true talent.

I just heard the news from my brother. It's like the end of an era [[the 80s) he was such a part of that decade. I enjoyed most of his music, although we never really discuss it here. I am going to listen to "SONGS FROM THE LAST CENTURY". Thanks George for the great music and rest in peace.

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 12-25-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Rest In Peace George Michael. Thank you for the music.

Yes, what a shock. I do love a bit of Wham! I was watching him on a rerun of Top Of The Pops just last night. So sad. RIP George Michael

As he enters eternity, a little reminder of how great George Michael truly was :

By him passing on Christmas Day, it will be one of those things where you will always remember where you were when you heard the news. So sad.

Rest peacefully. Virtually every song he recorded between 1983 and 1998 were classics. Legendary. Love him to death!

:-[[... another bad news!! He was very young
    I always think "Careless Whisper" was a true example of white pop / soul, so mellow and with fine vocals [[anyway, I discovered recently the cover by R&B singer Darrell Bell, different tempo, equally good)

Rest In Peace to a true and soulful singer!!

My wife was a big fan...r.i.p.

This is just too awful to contemplate. George was a huge talent, and a good friend to me. The quality of his songs are up there with the all time greats. I worked with George throughout the 90's and i as i have discussed on previous posts he was one of those celebrities that were so grounded and down to earth. His musical knowledge was breathtaking. We used to do music quiz's and despite my being a little older than him he knew his Motown and soul music better than almost anyone else i ever met. This guy had it all - the looks, the voice, the songwriting, the production skills. He was just awesome in the studio, and the number of gems he binned have to be heard to be believed. For me he is up there with Lennon & Mcartney, Brian Wilson, Elton John/Bernie Taupin, and any other pop songwriters of any era. His lyrics showed great depth, and he wasn't comfortable when told how good he really was. It all came so naturally to him. I knew he was gay long before he came out, but i don't want to dwell on that or the drug problem/. This guy will be remembered forever . His songs are timeless and will be listened to for as long as there are people on this earth. I am not surprised by the awful news, but it still came as a shock. Rest in peace Yog. I hope you have found the happiness that was denied you on this earth. Goodnight and God Bless my dear friend xxx

Very sad. He was 17 when he wrote Careless Whisper RIP

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    :-[[... another bad news!! He was very young
    I always think "Careless Whisper" was a true example of white pop / soul, so mellow and with fine vocals [[anyway, I discovered recently the cover by R&B singer Darrell Bell, different tempo, equally good)

Rest In Peace to a true and soulful singer!!
    I totally agree about Careless Whisper......and I loved the lyrics as well.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    I totally agree about Careless Whisper......and I loved the lyrics as well.

RIP.
    George Michael and Kenny Loggins are, IMHO, two "blue eyed" soul-pop singers and I found their voices very similars.

There's a link to a very good blog music on wich the author have a good and kaleidoscopic taste. The last thread is about how many artists sadly we have lost that year; the list is sadly so long [[and full of very young people!)...:

http://www.halfhearteddude.com/2016/...eaths-of-2016/

George Michael was a great songwriter. Only within the past 15 years had I started to appreciate his talent as a singer. I was annoyed by him during his Wham! and "Faith" periods. His latter years yielded his best work. He had a talent for infectious uptempo tracks and wrote some truly gorgeous ballads -- "Cowboys and Angels", "You Have Been Loved", "A Different Corner", "Older", "My Mother Had a Brother", etc.

It occurs to me that there must have been something very toxic about superstardom in the 80s/90s that has resulted in the premature, tragic loss of the most successful crossover pop/soul stars of that era. MJ, Prince, Whitney and George Michael enjoyed unprecedented commercial success. Madonna and Janet are the only stars of that era, and of that stature, that are still here.

I guess now they can have his funeral and bury him:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celeb...D=ansmsnnews11

It's all about the disease of addiction. An equal opportunity disease that affects celebrities as well as shopkeepers, truck drivers, lawyers, doctors and the unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It's all about the disease of addiction. An equal opportunity disease that affects celebrities as well as shopkeepers, truck drivers, lawyers, doctors and the unemployed
    Yep, another superstar lost to drugs.

I hope we can let this lovely man and colossal talent rest in peace now. I knew George from aged 18 and whilst i knew he was something special even at that early age even i was amazed at just how great he became. One of the all time great singer songwriters who really did not realise how great he was. Full of self doubt and lacking confidence he carried on for as long as his body would allow him too. Taken from us way too soon i will treasure his music for as long as i live, and i will remember a humble down to earth guy who just could not handle the pressures around him. R.I.P Yog. My heart is breaking again as i write this.