[REMOVE ADS]

Brooklyn dreams, underated soulful group

Another gem

This is great. To me they sort of have a Michael McDonald/Doobie Brothers feel. Was this the same group on Donna Summer "Heaven Knows"?

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    This is great. To me they sort of have a Michael McDonald/Doobie Brothers feel. Was this the same group on Donna Summer "Heaven Knows"?
    Yes it was. I always thought they were great back in the day, Wasn't Donna Summer's husband a member of the group?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes it was. I always thought they were great back in the day, Wasn't Donna Summer's husband a member of the group?
    Yes, Bruce Sudano.

They had a good start. Their problem was they got swept under via their associated with Donna Summer who was the top female artist of that era. When they became her background singers, their group career was put on the back burner. Bruce Sudano did go on to become a prolific songwriter working with Brenda Russell, Donna Summer and others. Later he became Donna's husband.

Here he can be seen, along with Donna Summer's sisters backing Donna up on "Dinner With Gershwin":

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Michael McDonald/Doobie Brothers was the first thing that I thought of upon hearing them