[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run - York

Martha....she's such a fabulous entertainer. That crowd are right with her. Love Martha

And I love YOU TBFXT for posting these. You may have already seen the rave review of this gig, but in case not, here is a link: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1496...er_13/?ref=rss

Martha’s performances these days are truly one of a kind and almost surreal. No one but her has the courage, nerve and self belief to get on stage and sing all the great hits the way she does. Martha manages to make the songs feel & sound totally different from back in the golden years when she first wore that red dress. It really is quite extraordinary! People who haven’t seen her recently are in for the shock of their lives.

Long may she rattle her tambourine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    And I love YOU TBFXT for posting these. You may have already seen the rave review of this gig, but in case not, here is a link: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1496...er_13/?ref=rss
    If anyone has got what it takes...Martha has it. Go girl go!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Martha’s performances these days are truly one of a kind and almost surreal. No one but her has the courage, nerve and self belief to get on stage and sing all the great hits the way she does. Martha manages to make the songs feel & sound totally different from back in the golden years when she first wore that red dress. It really is quite extraordinary! People who haven’t seen her recently are in for the shock of their lives.

Long may she rattle her tambourine.
    Amen to that. She's a law unto herself when it comes to her stage presence and her renditions of the hits. She doesn't feel compelled to stick very closely to the original formula when she sings them. I think she must share the mindset which Billie Holiday had in her later years. Billie said, "I can’t stand to sing the same song the same way two nights in succession, let alone two years or ten years. If you can, then it ain’t music, it’s close-order drill or exercise or yodeling or something, not music." Many tend to fault Martha for this, but Martha is going to do things her way or no way, and you have to commend her for sticking to her guns, whether you agree with her or not.

What a force of nature Miss Reeves is! Nowhere to Run is on par in my mind with other under-appreciated Motown hits like Nothing But Heartaches, I'm Ready for Love and All I Need. These songs should have been #1s. They blow away anything today.

I love Delphine.

Miss Martha doing her thang! Lois right along with her.

Martha and the vandellas,wow they still take my breath away!