[REMOVE ADS]

Barack Obama Says He ‘Absolutely’ Faced Racism In Office

“Attitudes about my presidency among whites in northern states are very different from whites in southern states,” the president said Wednesday

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0d0aa037f5848

I read this last night and he's undoubtedly telling the truth. Consider how he was confronted in the press after defending his friend, Henry Louis Gates, after he was arrested for being Black in his own house. The press played it up as if he was anti-police for over a week until he held his now-famous Beer Summit with the racist cop who was responsible. Contrast that with how Drumpf is being treated over suggesting that the Carrier union president "talk less and work more". That was much more incendiary but will be out of the news cycle by tonight.

Do you remember the pictures that Photoshopped him to look like Hitler? Has a congressman ever shouted "you lie" during a State of the Union address? Or a Supreme Court justice scoff at a president the way that Samuel Alito did? Forty percent of Americans lost their collective nut when a Black man became president. They hate him so much that they elected a racist after one of the most remarkable stewardship performances in modern history in spite of his promises to roll back their rights and increase the divide between rich and poor. Those people deserve what they get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I read this last night and he's undoubtedly telling the truth. Consider how he was confronted in the press after defending his friend, Henry Louis Gates, after he was arrested for being Black in his own house. The press played it up as if he was anti-police for over a week until he held his now-famous Beer Summit with the racist cop who was responsible. Contrast that with how Drumpf is being treated over suggesting that the Carrier union president "talk less and work more". That was much more incendiary but will be out of the news cycle by tonight.

Do you remember the pictures that Photoshopped him to look like Hitler? Has a congressman ever shouted "you lie" during a State of the Union address? Or a Supreme Court justice scoff at a president the way that Samuel Alito did? Forty percent of Americans lost their collective nut when a Black man became president. They hate him so much that they elected a racist after one of the most remarkable stewardship performances in modern history in spite of his promises to roll back their rights and increase the divide between rich and poor. Those people deserve what they get from him.
    The ones that didn't vote for him will suffer along with the rest, except of course his billionaire cronies and I don't see that as a good thing or something to crow about.

I'll never forget that asshole yelled out "You Lie" to Pres. Obama during one of his State of the Nation speeches. His name was Joe somebody.......

It was Joe Sackadawg-Schitt from South Carolina.

It was Joe Sackadawg-Schitt from South Carolina.
    Yeah, that bastard. What the heck is wrong with South Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah, that bastard. What the heck is wrong with South Carolina?
    Nothing that is not equally wrong with most other southern and even several northern states.
    SC just has it's own history with racism and some unique stories of adjustment to it whether
    one is black and trying to live through Strom Thurmond and that damn confederate flag that
    flew over the capitol building the whole time I lived there , or white, either trying to negotiate or perpetrate it. Besides, I've seen quite a bit of that Jim Crow bullshit up here in New Yoke...

Martin Luther King said that he never witnessed the degree of racism and hatred that he experienced in Chicago. The North has many horribly racist areas. I talked to my pastor the other day and told him that if there was a positive outcome of the election, it's that we don't have to pretend that a great number of Americans are racist, whether they openly display it or not. If I'm to stand in a room with a floor full of snakes, I want the light on so I can see those bastards. The light is one, and I am adjusting how I navigate through the room accordingly.

Racism, sexism, religious persecution and fanaticism, corporate greed, poverty and abuse of
    power, whether by government officials or authorized police and military are permanent
    by-products of the human condition. I never expect them to disappear. I just deal with as best
    as I can when confronted with them...

Truth. But the thing is, you don't know all of the ways it affects you. If you're denied a loan because there was something that they in your application that stood out, how do you know that is actually the reason? Or denied a job based on your qualifications? Housing due to availability? Study after study shows that the Hank Gillette is more likely to be approved for credit over the phone than Darnell Washington. You might not see it until it presents itself.

I'll never forget being told that no man ever survived working in the Packing department at one of my old jobs. One day while in human resources, I heard a clerk express relief to her co-worker. It turns out she hired Kim Johnson to work in Packing, only to find out that Kim was a man. She was happy because she called him before he showed up and convinced him that all jobs had been filled. Dude was denied a job based on his gender. And that unfair and arbitrary BS happens all the time.