[REMOVE ADS]

Book on Scepter Records

Some of you will know about this, but some may not. I have finally completed my book on the history of Scepter Records [[Scepter Wand Forever!), and it is now available. Although a New York label it had many connections with Detroit, licensing records by artists such as J J Barnes, Timmy Shaw, Johnnie Mae Matthews, Jack Montgomery, Charmaine, Just Brothers, The Honeybees, and in the 70s the label's connections via Ernie Harrell. Not to mention gospel and the Hob label, which Scepter eventually purchased. The book traces the history of the label from 1958 with Florence Greenberg sitting in a room waiting for an artist to walk through the door, through the 60s and onto the label's ultimate demise in 1976. Scepter Wand Forever! runs to 502 pages is A4 sized and has lots of illustrations and will be of interest to people who like soul [[and pop) music history and records!

It is currently available from Ebay [[UK) and Ebay US [[for the North American market) and also the Nickel and a Nail webpage. It will become available through other outlets through time.

Price is £30, with UK postage £5 signed for. Unfortunately airmail to North America is £23 but I cannot control that. I am hoping to get remaining copies to other outlets in due course.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Recordman; 12-04-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Recordman,
    best of luck with the book. It sounds interesting. When with The Sunliners, I had a one record contract with Sceptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Recordman View Post
    Some of you will know about this, but some may not. I have finally completed my book on the history of Scepter Records [[Scepter Wand Forever!), and it is now available. Although a New York label it had many connections with Detroit, licensing records by artists such as J J Barnes, Timmy Shaw, Johnnie Mae Matthews, Jack Montgomery, Charmaine, Just Brothers, The Honeybees, and in the 70s the label's connections via Ernie Harrell. Not to mention gospel and the Hob label, which Scepter eventually purchased. The book traces the history of the label from 1958 with Florence Greenberg sitting in a room waiting for an artist to walk through the door, through the 60s and onto the label's ultimate demise in 1976. Scepter Wand Forever! runs to 502 pages is A4 sized and has lots of illustrations and will be of interest to people who like soul [[and pop) music history and records!

It is currently available from Ebay [[UK) and Ebay US [[for the North American market) and also the Nickel and a Nail webpage. It will become available through other outlets through time.

Price is £30, with UK postage £5 signed for. Unfortunately airmail to North America is £23 but I cannot control that. I am hoping to get remaining copies to other outlets in due course.
    Recordman, good job and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Recordman,
    best of luck with the book. It sounds interesting. When with The Sunliners, I had a one record contract with Sceptor.
    Ralph, I did not know you guys recorded for Sceptor. Do you remember the song?

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Recordman,
    Thank you for the feedback guys, and yes if it's the Stamp out the Beatles recording I have covered that in the book. Admittedly it borrowed your comments from an old thread I found on line, but that was the only thing I could find about this aborted release. Great story it was too.
    Last edited by Recordman; 12-05-2016 at 05:45 PM.