[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & National Symphony Orchestra in December At Kennedy Centre Concert Hall

this should be a real great concert.

So the first one is tonight!

She performed "Missing You", "Its my turn", and "when you tell me that you love me". I saw videos and she sounds awesome. Her vocals are really good. Sure wish I could have attended.

Wow

Wonder if it's the beginning of a new set list

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Wow

Wonder if it's the beginning of a new set list
    I sure hope so. I heard she also did "Best years of my life" and "If we hold on together". This is like a dream come true if she continues this set list. I better start making plans for Vegas!!

This is such a pretty gown.

Another real nice photo.

Very nice photos. I wonder if Diana pulled those songs out because they really sound good with a full orchestra? I'm sure she has great orchestral arrangements for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I sure hope so. I heard she also did "Best years of my life" and "If we hold on together". This is like a dream come true if she continues this set list. I better start making plans for Vegas!!
    I heard she also performed four songs from Lady Sings The Blues - Don't Explain, Fine and Mellow, Good Morning, Heartache and My Man!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I heard she also performed four songs from Lady Sings The Blues - Don't Explain, Fine and Mellow, Good Morning, Heartache and My Man!
    Now that's the concert the fans want.

Reese is probably right - some of these were done because it was with an orchestra.

One of my favorites always was Fine and Mellow and it's reprise at the Jazz and Blues Concert.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Now that's the concert the fans want.

Reese is probably right - some of these were done because it was with an orchestra.

One of my favorites always was Fine and Mellow and it's reprise at the Jazz and Blues Concert.
    I haven't heard her sing MY MAN in years. She sang a few lines during one stop on the MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY tour, then stopped.

It is great to hear her performing these songs again but her Vegas contract stipulates that she performs her best known songs so it is unlikely they will feature doing her residency despite Diana's personal love of these songs.

A real rave of a review from last nights concert,

http://dcmetrotheaterarts.com/2016/1...ennedy-center/

Bluebrock wow that is strange, I remember the billing for the first vegas run....something about ...new show new songs new gowns etc but it was the same show. she should keep these songs IN and add If Your Not Gonna Love Me Right.

I would do anything to hear her perform "All Of The Befores"

Sounds like Vegas will be back to all the great hits

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Bluebrock wow that is strange, I remember the billing for the first vegas run....something about ...new show new songs new gowns etc but it was the same show. she should keep these songs IN and add If Your Not Gonna Love Me Right.
    I totally agree with you David, but sadly i am not directly involved with her set list anymore.

I saw her in atlantic city a few years ago. it was a great show with extra Supremes songs such as Come See About Me ,My World Is Empty,Reflections about 5 more. one of the hoghlights is when Diana sang Hard For Me To Say from red Hot-Blue album. the audience went crazy for it.

seems like a great show,wish I could have been there. glad she added these other classics

With all the heartache that the Return Of Love tour brought, unfortunately, a good side effect was that Ross started to include full Supremes songs in her shows, instead of doing medleys. I remember an extreme long concert she did in Rotterdam, 2004, and before the intermission she did so many Supremes song, some of them I had never heard her do live. RTL made her embrace her own Supreme legacy again.

"Wow", what a fantastic review and what a great year it has been for Diana. Long may it continue..........Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    With all the heartache that the Return Of Love tour brought, unfortunately, a good side effect was that Ross started to include full Supremes songs in her shows, instead of doing medleys. I remember an extreme long concert she did in Rotterdam, 2004, and before the intermission she did so many Supremes song, some of them I had never heard her do live. RTL made her embrace her own Supreme legacy again.
    I agree that was one of the few positives from RTL. Diana realised how much those tunes meant to her. In fairness to her she did want to include more Supremes material during the 90's and i actively encouraged her to do so but there was someone else who had considerable influence and prefered her to concentrate on the solo stuff.

with a huge catalogue like DR, it must be difficult to limit what songs she could / would perform. but this set list seems much more varied. just need a few more songs from the 90s but overall great set list. hope she keeps this set list.classics songs

A real classic Ross post in the new pretty silver gown. From DC on Saturday nighht.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    A real classic Ross post in the new pretty silver gown. From DC on Saturday nighht.
    The Motown Queen ,Regal and beautiful always.Long May she Reign keeping the Motown Legacy alive.cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    with a huge catalogue like DR, it must be difficult to limit what songs she could / would perform. but this set list seems much more varied. just need a few more songs from the 90s but overall great set list. hope she keeps this set list.classics songs
    But I guess she can't, at least not in Vegas.