[REMOVE ADS]

Velvelettes interview

Just spotted this on YouTube - extended comments from Cal and Bertha. Lovely! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgifhwiLOA

A great oral history of the Velvelettes.

Here's a mini- reunion with Betty Kelly:

This was at the Velvelettes exhibition in Kalamazoo. I posted a few photos at the time.

Bertha thought the ride in the limousine was one of the best parts about the exhibition! I was in a car following them!

The ladies were so appreciative of that exhibition.

Thank you for posting Sharpmoves.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here's a mini- reunion with Betty Kelly:

Betty never sings these days so this was a real one off. Interestingly, Dancing In The Street was Betty's first recording as a future Vandella. Betty was a little nervous so Cal went along with her to the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Betty never sings these days so this was a real one off. Interestingly, Dancing In The Street was Betty's first recording as a future Vandella. Betty was a little nervous so Cal went along with her to the studio.
    Fantastic to see Betty in good form, and clearly having a ball. Good lead vocal too from Cal. And Bertha, gorgeous as ever. What an evening that must have been. Fascinating detail about the original recording of Dancing in the Street. I gather Annette also claims to be in the background mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Fantastic to see Betty in good form, and clearly having a ball. Good lead vocal too from Cal. And Bertha, gorgeous as ever. What an evening that must have been. Fascinating detail about the original recording of Dancing in the Street. I gather Annette also claims to be in the background mix.
    Not sure about Annette's claim. Let me see if I can follow that up

Sharpmoves

Checked it out

Annette did not record Dancing In The Street. She tells that she was 3 months pregnant by this time and bulging more than her Vandellas uniforms would allow!