[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    In the interest of fairness, I thought I'd start a thread for any Trump supporters or voters to express themselves in a fair and balanced environment. I will do my best to keep it civil.

I have several friends who voted for Trump.....none of them are really what I would call Trump supporters.....but I know a few of them also.

One gentleman is a good friend and former colleague. He's a 6 foot five former Army Ranger, long time Repub and is one of the foremost experts on Memorial Day/Decoration Day History in the country....and an SNL fan.

He basically said he didn't do it for Trump or the Party......but he put that bag over his head, held his nose......and voted for the Supreme Court Implication.

I've known him long and well enough to believe him.

His sons are pretty good musicians....especially the banjo player. I gave him a copy of my fave Roots and Blues Boxed Set and we both used to play songs from them at work......Surprisingly this is one of our faves. Anachronistic but catchy.

And your 6feet 5 inch army captain friend will never ever have to make a choice about pregnancy which really bothers me when men claim to be pro life. Every woman I know whos had to make that choice says its the hardest decision a woman ever have to make. Trump and Pence will take that choice away which disgusts me.

Roberta

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And your 6feet 5 inch army captain friend will never ever have to make a choice about pregnancy which really bothers me when men claim to be pro life. Every woman I know whos had to make that choice says its the hardest decision a woman ever have to make. Trump and Pence will take that choice away which disgusts me.

Roberta
    I absolutely don't agree that if a woman is raped and gets pregnant that they shouldn't be allowed to get an abortion. That's ridiculous. But I don't think a woman who gets pregnant as a result of choices she made should be able to kill the baby to get out of the consequences. It's a terrible situation at that point if the child is unwanted because it's likely the child won't be raised as well as a planned and wanted child would be but the solution isn't to kill the baby. Solution is to teach young people not to put themselves in positions like that, not to keep arguing over it in the political sector. Only two justifications for killing babies in my opinion is the mother's health, and if the pregnancy was the result of a crime and the mother had nothing to do with getting pregnant.

That being said, I don't think this is nearly a big enough issue that I'd pick a candidate over another based solely on that. I am strongly against one issue voters. Voters need to understand all the issues important to the country, and the candidates' stances on the issues and make an educated decision based on that. People that voted for Trump because they think Hillary is a criminal and people that voted for Hillary because they think Trump is a racist, sexist or whatever are equally bad in my opinion. And people need to look at all the important issues whether they affect them personally or not. For example, a tax system that either raises or lowers taxes for the top 1% has no affect on me, but I look at it and personally believe that the very rich should not be taxed unfairly. I like the flat tax idea, say 15%. Somebody making $10,000,000/year is already paying $1,500,000 in taxes per year at that point while somebody making $10,000 is paying $1,500. No reason at all to make the tax rate for the very rich to be more than for the middle class or anybody else. It makes no sense. Now that issue isn't nearly as big a deal as others to me when voting but I take it into account, as I take all the issues I can understand into account.