[REMOVE ADS]

The soulful violins

Hey gang,i was listening to james brown's classic[it's a man's world]and just marveled at the sweep of those violins,just beautiful...and if you can check out the ones on the temps classic[since i lost my baby]maybe the best violin backings in soul music history.let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey gang,i was listening to james brown's classic[it's a man's world]and just marveled at the sweep of those violins,just beautiful...and if you can check out the ones on the temps classic[since i lost my baby]maybe the best violin backings in soul music history.let me know what you think.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  21.1 KB
    The strings section at Motown [[from 1962 through when they left Detroit in 1973) was formed from players from the string section of The Detroit Symphony Orchestra, directed by Gordon Staples. They also provided strings for Ed Wingate's Golden World/Ric Tic Records.

I don't know who played the violins on James Brown's late King cuts. But Gordon Staples' crew were the best on any Soul cuts I've ever heard.