[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Rod Wayne Former Lead Blue Magic

Sad to hear this week of another member of Blue Magic passing away [[15 November), Rod Wayne, he replaced Ted Mill in 1990 and was with the group until 2004. Last night I had a Blue Magic evening, and it brought back such memories,I never felt they got the full dues they deserved.

As I have said while I was brought up on Motown with a brother 11 years older, Philly was the music of my era that I felt was mine, still love both the strings and brass.

Rod after leaving Blue Magic became an instructor at Tennessee State University and Director of the Tennessee State University Community Academy of Music and Arts. He also worked with various local churches, including the historic Clark Memorial United Methodist Church.

Thanks Rod for the joy you gave me and thousands of others, you have left is great Memories! Rest in Peace.

I loved Blue Magic too. Such sweet, sublime soul from a bi-gone era. Beautiful melodies and vocals with lush dramatic production.V

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I loved Blue Magic too. Such sweet, sublime soul from a bi-gone era. Beautiful melodies and vocals with lush dramatic production.V
    Glad to see I am not alone, I often wonder lol