[REMOVE ADS]

PBS' "Soundbreaking" Series

Is anyone besides me watching "Soundbreaking"? It's a show on PBS that shows the industry and craft of music from the perspective of some of the greatest producers. I think a lot of you will love it if you give it a try.

http://www.pbs.org/show/soundbreaking/

I'm recording it, Jerry.

Yes I've watched some of it ..Aretha, Amy and taped rest. Looks fascinating!

I saw last night's episode and was intrigued. I saw another tonight. They will only be available to watch on line for a couple of weeks, so I'm going to binge the first five episodes this weekend.

Thanks for saying it was a series. I only taped the one and then went back and taped rest!

I really have liked the first 4 shows, especially the Beatles and older stuff!

Thanks.......I was clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Is anyone besides me watching "Soundbreaking"? It's a show on PBS that shows the industry and craft of music from the perspective of some of the greatest producers. I think a lot of you will love it if you give it a try.

I caught Part 1 of "Soundbreaking" and it's very, very good. I look forward to seeing the other entries in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post

I am watching and it is excellent!

I've just realised that the series has already been shown here in the UK back in the summer and I missed it!.......assuming it would appear on the PBS America channel we have here....but it went out on Sky Arts. Anyway l'm 'catching up' and have seen the first three episodes so far. A nice range of quality interviewees [[makes a change from comedians and other irrelevant 'talking heads' in documentaries) and some great archive footage. I didn't enjoy ep3 about vocalists that much - it seemed to be stating and repeating the obvious - but the first two were excellent. I thought the segment in ep2 about 'Tomorrow Never Knows' was really fascinating; I didn't realise how truly groundbreaking the recording was.

Did anyone else find the music volume in eps 1 and 2 were louder than the speech/interviewees? I was sitting holding the remote throughout the whole thing turning it up for voices and then down again when there's music passages. Was it just me?

Probably not. I have that problem with a lot of television shows. Especially when music is played, but also in action flicks which go from whispering dialogue to overly loud explosions in the blink of an eye.

I actually liked episode 3, even though I knew a lot of what was covered. I loved hearing it from the producers instead of typical documentary narration.

I live in Jackson, TN and am trying to figure out how to watch past shows online. Not having much success.