[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Nice of Mary
    She's a good lady
    Mary Wilson has always shown class and good manners. Now let's see if Diana Ross will show some and reply with "Well thank you Mary!".

I believe the honor was really for the Supremes. They called it "Diana Ross" because if they didn't, she would not have shown up! Shout out to the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame!

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...edom/94297906/

“a daughter of Detroit” who “helped create the sound of Motown with her iconic voice.” ........Very well put.

I don't think there was ever a time where the Supremes weren't mentioned when Diana Ross is being talked about and vice versa. No Supremes without Diana and No Diana without Supremes. They go hand in hand.

[[If you wanna go further, no Mary without Supremes no Supremes without Mary, no Flo without Supremes no Supremes without Flo)

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary Wilson has always shown class and good manners. Now let's see if Diana Ross will show some and reply with "Well thank you Mary!".

I believe the honor was really for the Supremes. They called it "Diana Ross" because if they didn't, she would not have shown up! Shout out to the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame!

"Originally Posted by marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

LOLOLOLOlolol

Diana wanted those two particular background singers mentioned.

Great for Mary to acknowledge her soul sister's accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I don't think there was ever a time where the Supremes weren't mentioned when Diana Ross is being talked about and vice versa. No Supremes without Diana and No Diana without Supremes. They go hand in hand.

[[If you wanna go further, no Mary without Supremes no Supremes without Mary, no Flo without Supremes no Supremes without Flo)
    Exactly. And it's something Diana herself has recognized time and time again. Lol why would it not be acknowledged? That's like Bobby Brown and New Edition. You can't recognize one without the other. Come on now. Let's just appreciate what was said. Plus, Diana made more history after the Supremes [[being one of the first African American actresses to get an Oscar, being the first modern day black female pop star [[alongside Aretha) to gain a worldwide dominance, being a successful businesswoman, humanitarian, etc.).

I love this photo of Miss Ross and President Obama its such a real warm loving photo and it proves that Miss Ross DOESNT bleach her skin as many have said.

I always said lightning and makeup make it seem like she looks lighter but shoot she looked "lighter" in some of the Supremes photos [[especially between 1964-1965). She was always proud to be a dark skinned black woman from Detroit.

Plus after she saw what happened to Michael Jackson, it probably caused sober second thoughts to anyone that new him.

Plus after she saw what happened to Michael Jackson, it probably caused sober second thoughts to anyone that new him.
    Why didn't she go to his funerals though? I don't think she ever was his true friend.

Why didn't she go to his funerals though? I don't think she ever was his true friend.

"Originally Posted by marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

LOLOLOLOlolol

Not to take this OT but Michael's was something he couldn't control. I mean he did have vitiligo. But let's leave that alone for a MJ topic.

I knew he had vitiligo but I thought he was also bleaching to get away from looking like his dad

Is that so? The fountain of knowledge speaks again. I do not know why she did not attend his funeral but i do know she was in touch with his mother directly after his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Is that so? The fountain of knowledge speaks again. I do not know why she did not attend his funeral but i do know she was in touch with his mother directly after his passing.
    She did not attend either one of his two services and she was in LA at the time.......

If his young children could bare up well enough to attend, surely a sixty plus year old woman could. The old excuse about her being distracting because she is a star does not work because Janet Jackson attended and she is a far greater star [[more people know her today than Ross).

She did not attend either one of his two services and she was in LA at the time.......

If his young children could bare up well enough to attend, surely a sixty plus year old woman could. The old excuse about her being distracting because she is a star does not work because Janet Jackson attended and she is a far greater star [[more people know her today than Ross).
    Marv, you really dislike Diana Ross, don't you? Lol
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 11-29-2016 at 02:51 PM.

In case you forgot Janet Jackson was his sister, and whilst they were far from close it would have looked mighty strange had she not attended her own brothers funeral. As regards who is the greater star i think we shall let history decide that one, and i know where my money would be.

WOW !!!
    This thread took a different turn ---
    Congratulations Diana, Cecely and Bruce !!!! Love you for your contributions!!!
    How did we get on who goes and does not go to funerals ? Never mind...don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    WOW !!!
    This thread took a different turn ---
    Congratulations Diana, Cecely and Bruce !!!! Love you for your contributions!!!
    How did we get on who goes and does not go to funerals ? Never mind...don't know and don't care.
    A certain person who tells anyone who will listen that he is not interested in Diana Ross somehow manages to show sufficient interest to steer any thread into a sly attack on Diana Ross. If it wasn't so downright pathetic i would be almost impressed . He obviously puts much time and effort into finding out information about Diana Ross despite not being interested in her or even by his own admission claiming "i don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here". Go figure.

A certain person who tells anyone who will listen that he is not interested in Diana Ross somehow manages to show sufficient interest to steer any thread into a sly attack on Diana Ross. If it wasn't so downright pathetic i would be almost impressed . He obviously puts much time and effort into finding out information about Diana Ross despite not being interested in her or even by his own admission claiming "i don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here". Go figure.
    You're talking about me aren't you? I don't do sly. I am as direct as I can be. She is a phony. She did not attend for selfish reasons. Look how she showed out at Florence's funeral. Did the same at Richard Pryor's funeral. Mrs. Powell should have taught her how to act at funerals.

Look how dirty she did Miss Ray, Raynoma Gordy Singleton!

Hes obsessed with Miss Ross and its getting worse and worse and worse. If somebody trashed Mary Wilson on a daily basis and told the lies about Miss Wilson that he tells about Miss Ross theyd get banned. Its a disgrace.

Fondly,

Roberta

Why do those of you who respond or comment on Marv's posts feel the need to do so? Seriously! I read the threads and they all start off nicely and then before you know it a lot of them take a big dive south and the game of "He said X" so I must respond with "Y" which sets up a chain reaction. Honestly, is there really an ax to grind anymore? I've been coming to this site for over 12 years and it's the same over and over. I do understand that those of you who are "super fans" feel the need to respond but take a step back and see if it makes any difference at all. Before I get my butt kicked my intent was to ask why do you respond knowing full well that will only antagonize Marv and it sets up the whole b.s. again and again.

The way I see it, as a relatively new member and one without much of an opinion on Diana Ross, is that it's all a bit unnecessary. I don't know why or how Marv has come to dislike Diana Ross but he quite clearly has [[Lol) - and therefore I don't get the need to post about her so much. When we were talking about skin bleaching and Michael Jackson - not about whether they were friends, nor about his death - out of the blue Marv started talking about Diana not going to his funeral and that they weren't true friends. I mean, I don't get why you would post that. It just seems unnecessary to me.

I see that people like Diana Ross. I don't have that much of an opinion on her. But Marv doesn't like her, and he is allowed to. Not everyone loves Diana Ross.

However, Marv does know a lot about someone he doesn't like, and posts a lot about someone he doesn't like. He should be allowed to, of course, but I don't get why you would.

I don't know. It all seems a bit unnecessary to me. I think.

Keep the focus on Diana, people. This is exactly what Ralph was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Keep the focus on Diana, people. This is exactly what Ralph was talking about.
    Good Point!!!

For the truly obsessed, I posted on another thread the Diana Ross Makeup Tutorial.

Did it have 45000 views on Youtube!?

Oh him again
    I have him on ignore so unless someone replies to his quote I never see what he writes and I don't really care what he writes. I found that out early on when I first joined this site and he attacked me and I had no idea who this person was and he has no idea who I am. I like it that way. However, a very well known person asked me to joined and I did and I am glad because there are a lot of nice people here and I was able to reconnect with some old friends.
    It is kind of strange thought but it takes all kind to make a world. I am just glad I don't have to take some of these people home with me.

Once again Right On Diana !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Hes obsessed with Miss Ross and its getting worse and worse and worse. If somebody trashed Mary Wilson on a daily basis and told the lies about Miss Wilson that he tells about Miss Ross theyd get banned. Its a disgrace.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Last edited by captainjames; 11-30-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Oh him again
    I have him on ignore so unless someone replies to his quote I never see what he writes and I don't really care what he writes. I found that out early on when I first joined this site and he attacked me and I had no idea who this person was and he has no idea who I am. I like it that way. However, a very well known person asked me to joined and I did and I am glad because there are a lot of nice people here and I was able to reconnect with some old friends.
    It is kind of strange thought but it takes all kind to make a world. I am just glad I don't have to take some of these people home with me.

Once again Right On Diana !!!!
    Well said Captainjames. You are the voice of reason in a very mixed up world. Much respect to you Sir.

Thanks Bluebrock, sometimes we have to just move pass it. I give you the most due respect as well for your kindness.

Though I still possess that youthful 60s-70s look, I am so happy to be here today to celebrate and experience this wonderful honor and from my dearly beloved President Obama... and the fans can be heard applauding!! As wonderful as being a Kennedy Center Honoree is, this one really has loads of dignity! You did it girl! I'm swept away!!!!

Was a classy picture taken in front of Mrs. Kennedy too