[REMOVE ADS]

pshark Guest

pshark

I am not on facebook and clicking the link results in me having to be a member to see what it says. Are you able to copy it for this site please?

Who is Rick? And what is Pawn Star

pshark Guest

There was a thread on this somewhere but I don't have any idea where it is........it was about this very episode of pawn stars......the show itself is addictive, now thats its so popular, it's become watered down and predictable.......but they still have great characters and the Old Man is one sharp cookie !

I saw that episode and was saddened and shocked to hell. Forgive my blatent remark ,but I can't say it any other way ,I felt it was a muckingfuchin shame. I say that because I have seen them and know of people that have awards of this calibre in their possession. Jam Master Jays RRHOF statue at his brother Marvins apartment ,my cousin Keith "Cowboy" Wiggins of Grand Master Flash and The Furious Fives RRHOF statue and Gold Record Plaques from my uncles work on D Train and Stephanie Mills and Phyllis Hyman projects. It's not that they are just things or trophy's ,but what they represent. The importance of what they represent is not understood by a lot of people who should know what they represent ,and thats a sad situation. I remember the story of how James Jamerson cried at recieving his gold plaque for Boogie Fevwer. He should have had a house full of gold plaques and Grammys.
    I'm glad that he [[Dunbar) got it back and if he didn't have it then it should have been in some sort of Hall of Fame for Soul or the History of American Music.

Pshark

Thank you for your help. I now understand.

Daddy, are you saying that James Jamerson played on the Sylvers "Boogie Fever"? Wow! I never knew that. Thanks.

Marv

pshark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    There was a thread on this somewhere but I don't have any idea where it is........it was about this very episode of pawn stars......the show its
    self is addictive, now thats its so popular, it's become watered down and predictable.......but they still have great characters and the Old Man is one sharp cookie !
    http://faac.us/adf/messages/6087/209549.html?1271345410
    I haven't watched many episodes. I prefer Hardcore Pawn. More action

pshark Guest
    Here's the the trophy episode

That is great news. He looks very much like Weldon I had to do a double take. Good for him!

I tried to watch that video but there's a notice that says it can't be seen outside the USA,