[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Where I come from we all have our respective b-ball team. We talk mucho trash, be it, CIAA, MEAC [[which I'm still letting grow on me) or NCAA but B-ball in NC is all under a "family" umbrella...we talk trash about each other but don't take kindly to outsiders doing it....It's just our way.

Dorian Grey, I mean Coach K's surgery was successful from what I gather. That's always a good thing....NC collegiate B-Ball has lost too many.
    Just realized my feeling may have to do with growing up in the Triangle more so than NC in general. shrugs

Just realized my feeling may have to do with growing up in the Triangle more so than NC in general. shrugs
    With four teams in biking distance of each other, how does one decide which [[if any) to support? I always wondered if there were Wake fans in the Hill, dook fans in Raleigh, UNC fans in Winston-Salem, and State fans in Durham. I'm sure there are, but I bet they all keep it in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    With four teams in biking distance of each other, how does one decide which [[if any) to support? I always wondered if there were Wake fans in the Hill, dook fans in Raleigh, UNC fans in Winston-Salem, and State fans in Durham. I'm sure there are, but I bet they all keep it in the closet.
    HAHAHA...Naaw they are all pretty vocal. There was a time I paid more attention to CIAA ball cuz the tournament was the place to be back in the day.
    But any team outside the area is always the team you hate. LOL

I was pretty gung ho with State while Valvano was there but after he left, moved over to Carolina. Been a fan err since. But any NC team that makes it to the Final Four that's not UNC, they will always have my support! LOL

...and yes there are several UNC's but only ONE UNC, ya dig? hahahaha

It's funny, when I'm home saying UNC [[when talking b-ball) is never something you need to explain.

HAHAHA...Naaw they are all pretty vocal. There was a time I paid more attention to CIAA ball cuz the tournament was the place to be back in the day.
    But any team outside the area is always the team you hate. LOL

I was pretty gung ho with State while Valvano was there but after he left, moved over to Carolina. Been a fan err since. But any NC team that makes it to the Final Four that's not UNC, they will always have my support! LOL

...and yes there are several UNC's but only ONE UNC, ya dig? hahahaha

It's funny, when I'm home saying UNC [[when talking b-ball) is never something you need to explain.
    I understand. I don't understand why State continues to get good players but is still an afterthought in the ACC. I hope I'm not talking too soon, but yesterday was inexcusable. Wake Forest had good teams but they haven't done anything for a while, either. After dook, Maryland used to be the rivalry that I would get stoked over but they took to their program to the Big Ten. The Jordan/Bias rivalry in the NBA would have been phenomenal. There's no telling how good Boston would have been had Bias not died.

So terribly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I understand. I don't understand why State continues to get good players but is still an afterthought in the ACC. I hope I'm not talking too soon, but yesterday was inexcusable. Wake Forest had good teams but they haven't done anything for a while, either. After dook, Maryland used to be the rivalry that I would get stoked over but they took to their program to the Big Ten. The Jordan/Bias rivalry in the NBA would have been phenomenal. There's no telling how good Boston would have been had Bias not died.

So terribly sad.
    Don't have a clue what happened to State. Haven't seen a beating like that since the last CIAA [[Shaw specifically) game I attended years back.

It has to be the coaching and I'm so out of Wolfpack ball I don't know or care who he is.

I was known to pull for Georgetown during the John Thompson days. LOL

Don't remember the year but the first time Seton Hall took it all I thought, where the heck did they come from?

University of Va use to be serious ballers, you may remember Ralph Sampson.

Of course, you can't have a discussion about college B-ball without throwing in UCLA!